New and nervous! Would love support in my weight loss journey.

Options
ditzynat
ditzynat Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,

I'm 26, from Denmark, and feel like I need a better support system and motivation in my depressing weight loss journey. I've been gaining weight constantly for 3 years now, and been losing some now and again but it's at an all time high now. I can't accept how I'm treating myself anymore and my support system is really weak!

I stress eat and comfort eat. Practically stressed all the time due to my education.... But I am more motivated than ever and would love to stick to it and get some good friends here, so we can motivate each other!

I want to lose 51lbs/23kg.

Please do add me, I would love friends and encouragement. Give and receive!

Replies

• Jocko808
    Jocko808 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stress eat, yes, I am with you on that.
  • Viddo82
    Viddo82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place for support! Best of luck!
  • ditzynat
    ditzynat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mr_Keeno
    mr_Keeno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you doing?

I've recently came back to cycling after a noticeable increase in my weight which was really starting to bug me. By leaving the car at home this morning and cycling 6 miles to work (20 minutes) I burned 365 calories, the same trip on the way home I estimate about 400 calories as a lot of it up hill this time.

Exercise isn't everything but it helps clear the mind, which in turn should make you feel better in general. 23kg is a lot to lose but its doable over time, just dont take extreme measures to lose it which over time will be difficult to maintain and you could end up with the weight creeping back on. A few lifestyle changes are all it takes however im well aware these can be difficult to put in place.

Good luck :)
  • Katiedownsizing
    Katiedownsizing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way and looking to give and get encouragement. For me, lack of exercise is not the problem. I need to be careful and track my calories and stop eating for comfort.
  • dowdybrittney
    dowdybrittney Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 lbs too! I've lost 22 lbs so far on the Keto diet. You and I can help each other, for sure!
  • Steviedyan
    Steviedyan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new too with much of the same motivation and struggles ... I have no idea how to add people though lol
  • prithwichauhan8777
    prithwichauhan8777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive been on the keto nutrition plan for 90 days now. Its done wonders to all my markers. Would recommend to anyone. A1C from 10 to 5.5, BP from 138/90 to 119/74, weight loss of 26lbs. I feel young again.