Help me lose 80lbs!

Options
Hello everyone,
In the past years I have gained about 80lbs while in nursing school. I will like to get back to being healthy with a positive group of people. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey Vanessa! Congratulations on your nursing pursuits! That's awesome! Do you have specific fitness goals apart from just losing weight?
  • NurseVanessa94
    NurseVanessa94 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I used to run everyday and I have noticed I can’t go as far as I used to without feeling exhausted. I would love to be able to run again. It used to be fun and relaxing. Now it’s just something I dread.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back into fitness! Lets do this journey!
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I found that portion control and exercise worked best for me. I still eat the things I loved. Just not as much. I would have 2 slices of pizza instead of 6 or 7. Still have burgers only 1 instead of 2. Switched to turkey in a lot of things. Walk 20 minutes a day a lunch 5 days a week and did the elliptical 30 minutes 6 to 7 day a week. Lost 112 lbs in 18 months. No special diets or gimmicks. My wife has lost 90 lbs doing the same thing.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I gotchu
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm 10lbs into my goal of losing 80lbs. Welcome!
  • NurseVanessa94
    Options
    AprilMLowe wrote: »
    Welcome Back into fitness! Lets do this journey!
    Thank you 🙏🏽
  • NurseVanessa94
    Options
    Welcome. I found that portion control and exercise worked best for me. I still eat the things I loved. Just not as much. I would have 2 slices of pizza instead of 6 or 7. Still have burgers only 1 instead of 2. Switched to turkey in a lot of things. Walk 20 minutes a day a lunch 5 days a week and did the elliptical 30 minutes 6 to 7 day a week. Lost 112 lbs in 18 months. No special diets or gimmicks. My wife has lost 90 lbs doing the same thing.

I’ve definitely cut back on the food and have slowly started to work out more! Thank you on the advice. Congrats to you and your wife on your accomplishment!
  • NurseVanessa94
    Options
    BiggyFuzz wrote: »
    I gotchu
    Glad someone does! I barely got myself lol😂
  • NurseVanessa94
    Options
    I'm 10lbs into my goal of losing 80lbs. Welcome!
    That’s awesome! I can’t wait to be in your shoes. Takes a lot of hard work. Congrats!
  • NurseVanessa94
    Options
    strebor337 wrote: »
    Hey Vanessa! Congratulations on your nursing pursuits! That's awesome! Do you have specific fitness goals apart from just losing weight?

Thank you! I used to run everyday and I have noticed I can’t go as far as I used to without feeling exhausted. I would love to be able to run again. It used to be fun and relaxing. Now it’s just something I dread.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Added
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    You got this. One step and day at a time. Feel free to add me. Anyone can as well.