Vitamins

Options
Does anyone know of a great vitamin that will help give me more energy in the morning. I go to sleep before midnight almost every night and I wake up at 6:45 every morning. Yet I am soooo tired, I can't even function. I take a Target brand multivitamin, but I need something to keep me energized. Any ideas?

Replies

• tristahenry
    Options
    Does your multi have iron and/or are you eating enough iron rich foods?
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I would be tired with that amount of sleep too. However, that being said, I seem to require more sleep than the average person :) Caffeine? I used to thrive on it until all of the sudden it made me sick. I think I have heard people say omega vitamins are good for energy? Not positive on that though....
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I take B12 vitamins for energy..they sell them at any drugstore and walmart...I take one every morning and that 2-3 o'clock yawns dones'nt hit me anymore..It gives you alot of energy.....Your doctor can also give you B-12 shots if your wuld rather go that route....
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There is a product by New Chapter called Perfect Energy - it's a complete multivitamin plus some herbs that help energy. It is GREAT. However, I don't personally take it because the down side - its WAY more expensive than your regular One-A-Day or Target's version - and it's not one a day, its three tablets per day, which can be hard to work in. You can take them all at once or spread out through the day.

What you could do, is add another supplement to your existing multivitamin. I recommend Rhodiola or Maca. Both are available as single products and are known as "adaptogens" which means they help your body to adapt to stress, and provide more energy and vitality. New Chapter offers both of these products but you could find either in other brands at any natural health market.

Message me if you're interested in herbs/supplements or if you have other questions, I'm a total herb/supplement geek!! :)
  • roxiecashwell
    Options
    Ok I have thought of the B12 shot, I dont like needles though lol! So i will try the vitamins!! Thanks
  • roxiecashwell
    Options
    Ok I am researching more information on the vitamins you named Rhodiola or Maca. Thank you guys!!
  • dietcokeaholic
    Options
    I will take a vital c energy pack in the mornings if I need some energy. It's called Emergen C, it's an immune system builder, and it is liquid so your body does not have to work so hard to break it down.