im trying to get back into working out again.....

Options
I have been slacking for the summer months. Time to get back into it. I have gained 2 lbs... Summer time is hard to stay on track. :mad: This summer hasn't been to bad. I finished my first 5k. And is signed up for another one in September 10th.. im excited ... i have lost 21lbs. My husband keep saying you have down so much work, don't give up.

Replies

• DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Did great up to the end of July when I went to Bermuda on vacation.

I'm slowly getting back into things. I have 2 kids who head back to school in 2 weeks so I'm hoping once we get back on that schedule, I can get back on track completely!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I also went on vacation in April, when i cam back it was getting harder and harder. But school starts in 2 weeks so im hoping to get back in to the gym again..
  • alright_flower
    Options
    I think it's difficult once you lose a routine. I'm off work next week, and not looking forward to having to be more strict with myself just to keep on track! But if you can get into a routine again, it'll become second nature. And your husband's right, you *have* done really really well - good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Me too, I haven't worked out for a few months and gained a lot back. My work place started something called STEP IT UP, anyone who wants to change their life style to a healthy one can join. We track our steps everday and the min. required is 7500 steps per day (that's about 3 miles). The "race" is for 5 months, we take Thanksgiving and Christmas off will have small meetings every week to talk about what we did for the week. I think its wonderful!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    summer is great for me, since I homeschool we take off summers so i can workout as much as id like. now that we are back to school, its harder to squeeze in as much as id like to.
    Go get em girl. Your hubby is right. Dont give up!
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    same situation here, we went on vacation in april and fell off the boat completly, I gained all but 3lbs back, tried to start back up again, lost 5 or 6lbs, but couldnt get back on track with the excersising. I too have kids, one is going back to school, one doesnt start until next year. It seemed that it was easier when my son was in school! I was doing leslie sansone video's , up to 10 miles a day as I can't go to a gym(epilepsy)!
  • flbutler
    flbutler Posts: 26
    Options
    I have to gone on vacation and school starting tomorrow. I gained only 1.8 lbs on vacation but with the crazy schedule that is in front of me I am scared it will be really hard to get back on track. With the help of MFP support I believe I can succeed!