Cauliflower Pizza

donutsluz
donutsluz Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2019 in Food and Nutrition
xvsrcuy1awc6.jpeg
Tonight I made Cauliflower Crust Pizza for the second time in my life and I must say, I’m surprising myself.

I’ve always had such an unhealthy relationship with food. I was beginning to think that the food I ate from here on out was just going to be boring and I’d be miserable. But I’m realizing that my love for food can become positive for my health.

I’m proud of myself for turning something that isn’t necessarily the healthiest thing to eat, into a meal made from veggies to replicate it!

One step closer to being a better and healthier Luz :)

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How many calories is that per slice?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    how did you make the crust?
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Awesome job, it looks amazing!!
  • donutsluz
    @L1zardQueen based on my calculations, the entire pie comes out to about 384 calories. I cut the pie into 8 small slices, making each slice about 48 calories each! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    recipe?
  • donutsluz
    @Hamsibian I used a food processor on my cauliflower, placed it in a pan on med heat to try and drain as much water out of the cauliflower as possible. Once it was dry and cool, I mixed the cauliflower in a bowl with 1 egg, a tiny bit of almond flour and a couple of flakes of Parmesan cheese. Then I shaped it into a circle and placed it on parchment paper before throwing it into the oven for 15 min :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I see cheese and vegetables. Or am I seeing things?
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    That looks delicious.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    The important thing is you are happy with it and you are pushing yourself to experiment. There are people who never seem to get bored eating the same thing over and over. I am not one of them. If pizza were not on my 'will not substitute' list I would definitely try fixing that. I would be game for a bite if someone else fixed it though.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    The important thing is you are happy with it and you are pushing yourself to experiment. There are people who never seem to get bored eating the same thing over and over. I am not one of them. If pizza were not on my 'will not substitute' list I would definitely try fixing that. I would be game for a bite if someone else fixed it though.

great post! it's great to experiment and different people will be happy with different solutions.

i've been experimenting with pizza crust so i can enjoy pizza the way i like it but within a normal day calorie limit. but i insists on a crust that's bready. So far i've been happy with yogurt crust (yogurt, baking soda, salt, flour - trying different flours now, playing with cooking time and thickness). still working out the kinks but i use the toppings i love (bacon, cheese, tomatoes, basil, ham, pineapple) most and it truly hits the "pizza craving". The biggest issue for me is portion (being satisfied with the one portion).
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    That looks really good!
    If you are wanting to experiment, you can also try spaghetti squash pizza crust. Cook the spaghetti squash as you normally would, ring it out really well with a dish cloth and it works pretty much the same as the cauliflower pizza after that. I found that for me, it was a little easier to get a consistency I could pick up and eat with the spaghetti squash but both are ok for a veggie based crust.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Yum! 😋

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    OP, what is the calories per slice?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited March 2019
    Whenever I tried making cauliflower pizza, it never looked that tasty. I gave up trying to make my own because they never came out good, no matter how much moisture I wrung out of the cauliflower. These days, I'm lazy and have calories enough (with planning) to just buy either a GF Trader Joe's cauliflower pizza or a Caulipower pizza and I can eat the whole thing for my dinner with some veggies on top.

As for you OP, good for you for finding something to scratch the itch.