Low Carb/ high protein VEGETARIAN recipes needed!

Options
SuzetteAndrea
SuzetteAndrea Posts: 1 Member
Hi all! I'm a vegetarian and I also LOVE carbs. So, I'm having difficulty doing a low carb vegetarian diet since a lot of vegetables are also carb induced. I've been doing black beans, salads with hard boiled eggs, plain Greek yogurt, garbanzo beans, but I'm getting sick of that. Any ideas for recipes? I'm going to also Google this, but thought I'd try here as well. Thank you! ~ Suzette

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you love carbohydrates, is there a particular reason why you've picked a plan that is low carbohydrate?
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Seitan? Its easy to buy but also reasonable easy to make and is one of the most protein dense plant sources of protein. It is made from Gluten, but if you dod not have gluten sensitivity it is great. Also tofu and tempeh can add some variety. Also what are you considering "low" carb. I usually aim for about 100 g of carbs a day. When I do eat grain I make them whole unprocessed grains like farro or brown rice of oats.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    If you love carbohydrates, is there a particular reason why you've picked a plan that is low carbohydrate?

This. You don't have to do low-carb to lose weight.