Cant lose weight 😭😭😭

Options
First time doing this .. im a 5'7 35 yr old woman weight 196 want to reach 175 and its not working... Im already watching what i eat workout strenght + some yoga drink lots of water and its not worth it for the past 2 week i have lose nothing .. im already refusing all kind of food and i love to eat .. i cant do no more i wake up at 630am to prep my family by office at 9am at home again by 7pm to prep kids my nxt day breakfast and meal and my family dinner that its different than my nxt day food .
Yes nxt day cuz im.doing 16 hours fasting too.. by 830 pm im working out to be in bed by 1030 i workout 4-5 days a week ... Its a lot i cant do no more and its not even worth it i wanna cry and quit all 😭😭😭

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you have to be patient. Two weeks is not long enough to see significant changes.

Also, if you're making too many drastic changes at once it will eventually backfire. Eat the foods you used to eat, but in smaller portions.

Buy a food scale and learn portion sizes. It takes time but it IS worth it.
  • nikynicolle
    nikynicolle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No i track it by cup or servings like i egg 2 turket bacon 1 cup of veggies .. but i dont have a scale to weight my food
  • nikynicolle
    Options
    U try to guide myself by the portion size in the pkg of what im eating .. meat its the one i cant track so easily... Im doing it right by following the pkg guide?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No i track it by cup or servings like i egg 2 turket bacon 1 cup of veggies .. but i dont have a scale to weight my food

You're eating more than you think
  • nikynicolle
    Options

You're eating more than you think

I understood the serving size on the pkg was an ok guide.. Do i need to weight all my food even veggies?
  • nikynicolle
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: Β»
    Sorry, but you have to be patient. Two weeks is not long enough to see significant changes.

Also, if you're making too many drastic changes at once it will eventually backfire. Eat the foods you used to eat, but in smaller portions.

Buy a food scale and learn portion sizes. It takes time but it IS worth it.

Do u have any suggestion on a good source to learn portion size?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    buy a food scale. it will help you figure out how much you are actually eating. not just cups and teaspoons
  • MPDean
    MPDean Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The main advice you will get here is buy a food scale and choose database entries carefully. Once you start weighing your food you will get a better idea of portion sizes.
  • nikynicolle
    Options
    First time doing this .. im a 5'7 35 yr old woman weight 196 want to reach 175 and its not working... Im already watching what i eat workout strenght + some yoga drink lots of water and its not worth it for the past 2 week i have lose nothing .. im already refusing all kind of food and i love to eat .. i cant do no more i wake up at 630am to prep my family by office at 9am at home again by 7pm to prep kids my nxt day breakfast and meal and my family dinner that its different than my nxt day food .
    Yes nxt day cuz im.doing 16 hours fasting too.. by 830 pm im working out to be in bed by 1030 i workout 4-5 days a week ... Its a lot i cant do no more and its not even worth it i wanna cry and quit all 😭😭😭

First, take a breath. You can lose weight. Everyone can and we're here to help you out.

If it's only been a couple of weeks without a loss, then there's nothing to worry about yet. Bodies do all kinds of weird things and if you've just started a new strength and yoga routine, then you're likely holding onto some extra water weight for muscle repair which can mask fat loss for a few weeks. Give you body time to catch-up.

There are a few different pitfalls people run into with food logging. A food scale would likely help, but it isn't the only possible solution. I love mine and I find it faster and easier than using measuring cups/spoons. They're pretty cheap on Amazon if you're interested in using one. But, it's important to be able to recognize good entries in the food database here, too. Since it's user-sourced, there's a lot of nonsense in the database. Make sure you're using accurate entries and that you use the recipe builder for homemade food. Don't rely on generic or homemade entries and don't trust the verified entries without double-checking.

You don't have to refuse foods you love if you can work them into your calorie goals.

Do you enjoy the 16 hour fasting? I know it works well for a lot of people, but it's not for everyone. And it stresses some people out and makes dieting harder for them. If you like it, then that's great and keep up with it. But if you're finding it rough then you may want to play around with your meal timing.

There are some really great guides on how to log food and exercise and make the most out of MFP in the stickied "Most Helpful Posts (must reads)" at the top of each forum section. Be sure you check them out for more tips.

Thanks .. i was feeling all over the place looking for the issue. I do enjoy the fasting helps me control those late night snack that are my doom. I use a lot of generic entry so im gonna try to use accurate one like u told me. Thanks for the support! ,πŸ€—
  • nikynicolle
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help im gonna take all this info and will post follow up later πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
  • nikynicolle
    Options
    I really had no idea a scale was so important .. i was thinking with cups and teaspoon i was cover 🀦
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I really had no idea a scale was so important .. i was thinking with cups and teaspoon i was cover 🀦

I weigh peanut butter because the grams aren’t what I would think from using a tablespoon. I weigh my bananas after I peel them. It’s eye opening!
  • nikynicolle
    Options
    csplatt wrote: Β»

I weigh peanut butter because the grams aren’t what I would think from using a tablespoon. I weigh my bananas after I peel them. It’s eye opening!

I ordered my scale yesterday, i had no idea weihht and cups its not the same and that can cause overeat ... I cant wait to start track properly and compare the cups vs weight.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself the foods that you enjoy, just eat portions that fit into your calorie count...and a scale really helps. Oh yeah and if there is a dad in the picture, he can help with the meals unless his arms are both broken. ;-)
  • BuiltLikeAPeep
    BuiltLikeAPeep Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I understood the serving size on the pkg was an ok guide.. Do i need to weight all my food even veggies?[/quote]
    Not always. One day I was curious if the serving size was right on a package of a "100 calorie " snack package- it wasn't. The weight in grams of the package was 15 grams more than the serving size. I bought a set of digital food scales at Walmart. Best weight loss investment ever!