need breakfast ideas

Options
annastasia76
annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
I have a very busy teenage boy who doesn't like to eat breakfast foods but is so busy in the mornings that he needs to eat something healthy. He will eat eggs but I really don't want him to have eggs every day. He also needs it fast, there isn't much time in the morning. And I don't want to be buying prepared stuff from the store. If there is something that I can make ahead and individually package and freeze that would be great too. It doesn't need to be super low in calories, he has no calorie limitations. He is however lactose intolerant.

Does anybody have any ideas for me???

Replies

• boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you can freeze these ahead of time but every morning I make my own McMuffin. It takes a total of 5 minutes! I put an english muffin in the toaster oven and set it to it gets nice and toasty. Then I spray a coffee mug (the flat bottomed kind, or you can use a ramkin) with cooking spray, crack an egg into it, give it a little whisk (you don't want to whisk it too much or it won't form the McMuffin shape) and pop it in the microwave for 35 seconds. Once the english muffin is done I put a slice of cheese on it, some turkey bacon or sausage, and then the egg. Vwalla! You have a homemade McMuffin! Cereal in a coffee mug is another easy on the go breakfast option and he can eat it on the way to school. Hope this helps :smile:
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    you can make some homemade granola/cereal bars
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    how do you make homemade cereal bars??? He would like that, that way he can eat it when he wants.