Hello... New MFP member in South Jersey

Options
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jerri, a 37 year old female, and I have been using MFP for a little over a week now! I have seen a 5lb weight loss, and more important, a huge jump in my nutrition and fitness consciousness!!!

I live in South Jersey and I love it. But, with all the cheesesteaks, ice cream, water ice, pizza, and boardwalk foods at the shore, it can be a bit much! Not to mention, I am a PWD (Person with Diabetes) Type 2. So, I am making some definite positive changes.

I was diagnosed as a PWD in 2007. At the time my weight was 320. I am now at 259 and healthier. My dr has even taken me off of my anti-anxiety medication. Our goal is to have me off of all non-necessary medications within a year. So, here I am. I am combining this with a running.walking program and I am getting fantastic results!

I wish all of you the best and look forward to hearing about your journey's as well! :)

Jerri

PS: My husband's name is Tom, so we are forever more, Tom and Jerri! :laugh: :heart:

Replies

• caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from South Jersey too :)

MFP is a great weight loss tool, everyone here really helps keep me motivated. Good luck!
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jerri!! I'm not from South Jersey, but Texas but still wanted to welcome you!! Good luck and much success!!
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 61lbs keep up the good work!!!
  • davidsmitley
    Options
    Welcome, Jerri! I also live in South Jersey and love it. I have chosen to give up those great South Jersey foods for now but hope to enjoy them again in moderation some day. I wish you and your husband well on your journey .
  • jerridavis2
    Options
    Wow... not even 5 minutes have passed and already 4 comments! I like this place! :smile:

To all my new Friends, South Jersey and otherwise, thank you for the warm welcome! I definitely look forward to having more awesome results!!!!

I already :heart: this website and can't wait to have that ticker that says weight lost 100lbs!!! :tongue:

Have a wonderful morning everyone! And hey, if any of my South Jersey compadres would like to get together for a walk or something, just let me know. My hubby and I frequent Phillies games, center city, and the shore!

Always remember, "Affection is the broadest base of a good life!"

Jerri :flowerforyou:
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    Welcome and well Done xx
  • jerridavis2
    Options
    Good Morning All! I have so many new friends from MFP and I just discovered yesterday that my colleague is using it as well!!! :smile: So, now I have accountability online and IRL! Have a lovely day all and remember...

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Jerri :flowerforyou:
  • caligirl328
    Options
    Welcome to the site Jerry :-)
    I too was diagnosed with diabetes a lil over a year ago, Ive lost 120 pds since then and I cant begin to stress to those with diabetes how important exersize is for keeping our BS down, and along with eating right and portion control we can loose the weight necessary to getting rid of this ugly disease! More power too ya keep up the awesome work! Looks like were both on our way to being pill free YAY!

P.S. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)