The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 1

Options

Replies

• lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Shoot that should read Tuesday, not Wednesday. I've lost a day somewhere!
  • lustris
    Options
    To answer today's question, one accomplishment that I am especially proud of is completing my first full year of college courses in July.

Congratulations! I am just finishing up my Nursing program so my brain is absolute mush right now :ohwell:
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Becoming a GM of a hotel before 25! woo hoo! :)
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Raising 3 beautiful kids... and still have my sanity. Now that is something to be proud of... teehee...
    No really, I now run my own business out of the house. It's daycare, but it's still a lot of hard work. I have done it now for a little over 3 years. Proud as nobody thought I could do it, and we are better off now than we ever were with me working out of the house with a nice big salary.

congrats on nursing program. I really contemplated becoming a nurse. I wanted to work in labor & delivery.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have completed first stage of charted accountancy training in foreign language - I've been speaking english for only 4 years. :)
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

My two gorgeous and clever children are my biggest accomplishment. Being where I want to be at 30 with a family, a job and a home I love. Achieving a distinction for my first year of open university at the end of last term.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

I recently got into grad school which is a huge accomplishment! I have spent the past year taking graduate prep classes and I had to take a very big test in order to get in. Other accomplishments include but are not limited to... Having a successful business, marrying the love of my life, and my cats. I love those little *kitten*.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    QOTD for Monday August 22nd.

What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge?

I'm uping my workouts and sticking to my calories more closely.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    QOTD for Wednesday August 23rd

my daughter and toughing out being a single mom, not something I planned on but I'm manging it alot better than I thought I ever would
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

my daughter and toughing out being a single mom, not something I planned on but I'm manging it alot better than I thought I ever would
    [/quote]

We tend to underestimate ourselves I think. I do believe it is mind over matter... not that it makes it any easier :o)
    Congrats for having the strength and courage to do it alone
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter when I was 17. I graduated highschool, a year ahead! :) HUGE accomplishment for me. I continued to work and support her until I met my husband, took in my two little brothers and raised them. Put them through college and starting working on my degree as well. They've graduated from college, and are now married with children, I'm so proud.:) I'm working on my Masters in Psychology, my daughter just started her junior year in highschool, and my husband and I are still married (14 years later). I know that last one may sound weird but in today's society marriages that have lasted more then 10 years are becoming few and far between. So when I chose to start losing weight I did so because I figured if I could do what I've done in life already then I can definately do this!! :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The accomplishment that springs to mind is becoming fluent in French, I arrived here with school girl holiday French and now I'm bi lingual. I like that :) and I like this QOTD very much.
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Last year I biked around Lake Tahoe - 72 miles and 2300 ft of elevation change!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options

Listening to my heart and getting married with the love of my life. My family had already arranged my marriage with someone and it was the same story with my husband but we both went against our family , religion , culture and got married. It was very hard but our love kept us going and now we have been married for 5 years and two beautiful beautiful boys and happy more than ever. Also, both our family has accepted us after we had our 1st son and very much involved in our lives :)
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    QOTD for Tuesday August 23rd

Getting my Bachelors and Master degrees all at night while working full time and having family.
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Q: Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

A: I just started going back to school. I want to pursue a masters degree that is at a really competitive school, so as of now I'm just taking courses to try to make myself sparkle a bit more to the admissions panel. But I'm proud that I got over my initial "whats the point in trying" mentality with it. So now I'm learning Russian!

Удачи everyone!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Listening to my heart and getting married with the love of my life. My family had already arranged my marriage with someone and it was the same story with my husband but we both went against our family , religion , culture and got married. It was very hard but our love kept us going and now we have been married for 5 years and two beautiful beautiful boys and happy more than ever. Also, both our family has accepted us after we had our 1st son and very much involved in our lives :)

Love this x
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Q: Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

A: I feel very accomplished for being able to handle my long battle with depression without medication. I just made a mental decision to not be that person anymore, and believe me it took a long time to truly believe in myself, but I finally accepted, and moved on. It feels so good to not hate who I am, and be stronger mentally more so then I have ever been in my life.
  • holly_bear
    Options

Being the first one in my family to graduate university and getting my BEd. It was a struggle but well worth it, now its just holding out for that perm. job!!
  • lustris
    Options
    WOW!! Quite the group of STRONG, EDUCATED, and ACCOMPLISHED women!! I am proud to be on this journey with all of you! :flowerforyou:

QOTD for Wednesday August 24th...a bit of fluff.

Where is everyone from?

Me...I'm from BEAUTIFUL British Columbia.