Changed my weight loss goal

Options
I've been at a stand still for what seems like a couple months, I've been at 1200 calories since I started and have lost 17 pounds total. That was my loss set at 1 pound per week. I just changed it to a half a pound per week and it upped my calories.

Did I do the right thing to start losing again? :huh:

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, yes.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I've been at a stand still for what seems like a couple months, I've been at 1200 calories since I started and have lost 17 pounds total. That was my loss set at 1 pound per week. I just changed it to a half a pound per week and it upped my calories.

Did I do the right thing to start losing again? :huh:

I did the exact same thing after doing 1200 for 2 months (and losing 15 pounds) then plateauing for 2 months. I set MFP to lose 0.5 pounds a week, which is 1700 calories, and I started losing again.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Helped for me!!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You will plateau occasionally, for all sorts of reasons. What put me back on track was making sure my diet and exercise varied day-to-day. For example, if I was doing a lot of walking, I went to the pool. If I was eating a lot of salad, I introduced more fish or whole grains. Good luck!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! :flowerforyou: I will see how it goes. :smile:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That may make a difference. It wouldn't hurt to try.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have just changed to 0.5 loss too! Fingers crossed....
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of women switch to .5lb loss and it helps them a great deal-best of luck and congrats on your weight loss so far!!
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for ya lp0007, somethings gotta budge! :smile:

Thanks HayleyDunne! :flowerforyou:
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Am so astonished I thought I had to report! I switched my goal to 0.5 loss on Monday and I got on today and have lost 2 lbs!! Unbelievable! Have eaten so much more this week! The scale had not budged for the last 3 weeks!Let me know how you get on brendablis! X (sorry for the exclamation marks but you can see my excitement:laugh: )