Fashion Advice

Options
TheRedQueen1981
TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
Hi all. I can’t find a thread dedicated to fashion so thought I’d start one as I’m looking for advice and have no doubt I will do so again.

What kind of flattering shoes suit a 5’3 female with quite thick legs? I’m still on my weight loss journey and I think my legs are naturally quite thick so not sure if they’ll still be when I’m down another 80lbs but if so, I’d like to know the best options.

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Wedges. Shapelier legs benefit from a bit of heel.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Thank you! I’m curious as to how my legs will look once I meet my goal — lol.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with thicker legs btw. I have them too.
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I stay away from Roman sandals and straps that go up the legs. I like pumps and wedges. The brands Pikolinos are comfortable to walk in on the street and last for years.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Lenpayasa wrote: »
    I stay away from Roman sandals and straps that go up the legs. I like pumps and wedges. The brands Pikolinos are comfortable to walk in on the street and last for years.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll see if I can find them.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Wedges. Shapelier legs benefit from a bit of heel.

➕👆
    Lenpayasa wrote: »

➕👆 for comfortable practical footwear.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If this isn’t about steel toe boots, I really have nothing to add.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    If this isn’t about steel toe boots, I really have nothing to add.
    Haha, you never know...someone may be itching to ask about steel boots!
  • ARainyNight
    ARainyNight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like a shoe that has a strap or is closed at mid foot, so it doesnt gape and make the foot look wider. Something like a ballet flair always gaped open and stretches to stay that way.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Where are you wearing the shoes?

Nowhere...yet. I’m planning for the future, slim me. :)

• Sadlyinwar
    Sadlyinwar Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Yep! Agree with the others. I don't think you need to be your goal weight to wear flattering shoes.

If you're not used to wearing heels, I'd suggest wedges, kitten heels, low block heels and ballerina flats.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    I’m so used to just wearing trainers (sneakers) for comfort. The only dressy shoes I’ve owned for years is a pair of black flat shiny shoes. Time to be more adventurous!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I’m so used to just wearing trainers (sneakers) for comfort. The only dressy shoes I’ve owned for years is a pair of black flat shiny shoes. Time to be more adventurous!

Purchase a pair you like in any style that appeals, play some good music, dance and walk in them at home. Reacclimate your feet to them. Don't forget to have a pedicure.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Some pampering sounds so nice! Gosh I haven’t ever had the confidence to go for any manicures or pedicures in my life. I struggle just to go for a haircut. I need to work on that.