Office Workouts / Desk-ercise!

Options
Viddo82
Viddo82 Posts: 116 Member
To all the office workers - how do you stay active during the day? I go for a walk during my lunch break and have started to use this under-desk exercise bike during the day. Any other ideas to keep up the movement (and keep off the weight!)

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Use the furthest bathroom, take the stairs, park in the far corner of the lot, go talk to people instead of sending an email.

If you can start an office step competition, people will be more forgiving of you taking breaks. They'll probably join you!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I bought a mini stepper for my sit/stand desk. Now I can stand and step throughout the day. I liked the idea better than the under desk bike because I sit way too much.
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who just randomly busts out a yoga workout at her desk space.

I work out on lunch and take walks when I start to get sleepy.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I’ve made a couple YouTube videos of office workouts but unfortunately am not able to share here. I’m fortunate of having a spare office room at my office and it had become my minimalist gym of record.

Doesn’t take much but intensity; actually, the shorter the better with intensity.
  • Godinfitness
    Godinfitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a standing desk, I also go for walks and circle each floor (we have 6) taking the stairs in between, and try to do that at least 2-3 times a day on the days I’m in the office. I also try to go in early my workout clothes on non busy days and head straight to our work gym and get in a quick workout before starting the day.
  • iJackieR
    iJackieR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’ll sometimes run in place to get some activity in.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

I do this too on conference calls. Luckily I have a door. I put it on speaker and do mobility/yoga work. I keep a small kettlebell and resistance bands in my office.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options

I do this too on conference calls. Luckily I have a door. I put it on speaker and do mobility/yoga work. I keep a small kettlebell and resistance bands in my office.

LOL. I have a client who concalls while he's running. It's hilarious to hear him trying to articulate himself on 180 cadence.
  • Viddo82
    Viddo82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank for the tips guys!
  • emas115
    emas115 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These tips are great, I really need to be more active at work. I actually read this really cool article the other day about how a cycling company called Specialized partnered with a fitness company called Mirafit, to make them a gym in their office:

https://mirafit.co.uk/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-setting-up-an-office-gym/

Wouldn't that be the best thing ever!