Calories burned?

Options
Ok got a question? I use an app on my phone to track where I walk, how many steps, cals, mph, etc it says I just burned 212 cals. I got on here to log and it says 207 but I wore my heart rate monitor and it says 513 cals burned. Which one is correct or some what close or should I take somewhere in between?

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ok got a question? I use an app on my phone to track where I walk, how many steps, cals, mph, etc it says I just burned 212 cals. I got on here to log and it says 207 but I wore my heart rate monitor and it says 513 cals burned. Which one is correct or some what close or should I take somewhere in between?

Go by your HRM...the ones loaded in MFP are waaay off! ;)
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    always trust your heart rate monitor!!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    always trust your heart rate monitor!!
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    if you have a high quality HRM that has you put in your age, gender, height, weight...etc then use that. IF it does not do that then I would take the lowest value just to be safe. I used to use a Timex HRM and it didn't ask for all that information and would always give me calories burned numbers that were waaaay too high. I switched to a Polar FT60 and haven't looked back :)
  • aprildauer
    aprildauer Posts: 168
    Options
    Thanks. I just wanted to make sure what I should go by since everything was so different.