Fibromyalgia

Options
One day I will do an exercise with weights and feel great the next time I do that same workout my muscles are so sore I can hardly function for a week. Are there any others out there with the same struggles? Or insight :)

Replies

• FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced Fibro pain directly caused by working out.

Have you tried CBD oil?

I never would have thought it would work. My mother in law sent me some and I can't believe the difference. I take it on the morning and again around 3 PM. No Fibro pain as long as I take it. Now if I have pain from my work outs it's due to just having sore muscles from exercise.
  • nedburchell
    nedburchell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    D222w wrote: »
    One day I will do an exercise with weights and feel great the next time I do that same workout my muscles are so sore I can hardly function for a week. Are there any others out there with the same struggles? Or insight :)

• nedburchell
    nedburchell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was the same I use bcaas some people get nothing from them but I swear by them they literally take away all the aches and cut your recovery time so much. Might be worth trying a couple of testers from a sport nutrition shop blue raspberry is a good one😃
  • CharlizeGraves
    CharlizeGraves Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia chronic pain and ehlers danlos hyper mobility syndrome, feel free to add me as a buddy! 🤗
  • bad_w0lf
    bad_w0lf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hello to a fellow fibro sufferer.

I've found that the lack of exercise affects the level of pain I feel. The more I move/work out, the less pain I'm in. I've noticed some days are a struggle to get through the workout but since I've been active for years now those days are few and far between.

I wish there was any insight to offer but from what I have seen so far (with very limited interaction with other fibro people), everyone has different symptom triggers and management techniques.

I guess the only advice I feel is useful is winding down with deep stretches for at least a half hour every night. I feel noticeably different on days that I didn't get yoga done the night before. I'm sorry if you've heard "yoga is the cure" a billion times already. I can't even count how many times people tried to throw that advice at me- they happened to be right though.

I'm sorry you have to deal with fibromyalgia. I wouldn't even wish this bs on my worst enemies.
  • gecko7152
    gecko7152 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have fibro, but I'm an acupuncturist and I've heard some of my colleagues have had success helping their patients manage it!