COOKIES!!!

Options
ZekeandKyliesMom
ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
For heaven sakes does anyone have a recipe for cookies, cakes, or brownies that is diet friendly?

I have been really missing cookies, particularly chocolate chip cookies. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Why cant you have a cookie?! Limit the quantity and frequency and indulge once in awhile :smile:
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Why cant you have a cookie?! Limit the quantity and frequency and indulge once in awhile :smile:

That!
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yummy cookies.....I miss them !
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'd find that virtually impossible, especially with choc chips. Akin to giving an alkie a beer! Best not to have even one IMHO!
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should still be allowing yourself some treats but if you want some good recipes www.skinnytaste.com has a few yummy choices.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    GOOGLE.

and you can change up your recipes, or any recipes, instead of sugar use splenda.. instead of butter use cooking spray etc etc.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    and also get fiber one bars!!! they taste like cookies!
  • Treed79
    Treed79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is a good recipe that I found on MFP posted by another user.

Banana Chocolate Chip cookies

1/3 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
    In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
    Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray..

Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 99 calories
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is a good recipe that I found on MFP posted by another user.

Banana Chocolate Chip cookies

1/3 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon baking soda
    1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
    In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
    Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray..

Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 99 calories

I think I just drooled on my desk!! haha I am so making these this weekend. I cannot guarantee I will have just one though!
  • adawn09
    adawn09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't have a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I have a chocolate cake recipe =)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/02/08/healthier-chocolate-cake/

Healthier Choco-holic Cake
    1 ½ cups flour
    ¾ tsp baking soda
    4 tbsp cocoa powder
    ½ tsp salt
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/3 cup oil
    2 tsp cider vinegar
    ¾ cup cold water

If you replace half the sugar with a no-calorie substitute and the oil with applesauce, it's only 125 calories for 1/8 of the cake and it's pretty good too!
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    Options
    I'd find that virtually impossible, especially with choc chips. Akin to giving an alkie a beer! Best not to have even one IMHO!

Lol, that sounds about right for me!
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    Options

Mostly right now I can't have one because I don't have any. I am thinking I may go down to the cafeteria and treat myself since I forgot my breakfast today and all I have had so far is carrots, cucumber and my coffee (go figure right forget the breakfast but can't live with out the coffee), and my lunch is really healthy too so. I may