Well hello there MFP! :)

Options
I'm Jeremy. I've actually been using this site for just about 2 months, and I've since lost 17 pounds on top of weight from working out alone! I know my co-workers are tired of me analyzing everything I eat, but when you see results like this, you just can't help yourself!

My fitness journey started a few years ago when I was diagnosed with HIV at age 21. My doctor is wonderful, and has helped me live a normal, healthy life since then. I had always been a heavy guy and a sedentary computer gamer since i was 14, so the fact that I had a health problem that could amplify OTHER health problems terrified me. My doctor was also very vocal about the weight issue. I continued to gain weight because of the medications, and because I neither changed my diet or got off my butt.That was 3 years ago, and I hadn't started DOING anything about it until July 12th 2011, when a friend hooked me up with a 2 week trial at 24 Hour.

I gotta say, this has been the BEST few months of my life. I have energy, I wake up bright and early 4-5 days a week, just to take a 50 minute Interval run on the elliptical. I haven't done any weights or anything else, just elliptical and burning about 500-700 calories per session. When I started, I was well over 240 pounds, I'm down to 211 and continuing to drop! My size 38 pants are like parachutes, and my 36's are getting too loose! My immune system is up even more and my doctor is SO proud of me.

I know without will power and motivation, I wouldn't be at this stage in my life. I also know that MFP has helped me reach my goals faster then I thought possible. So I thought it was time to stick my head out there and say hello.

Keep it up everyone, you can do it!

Replies