Has anyone else just lost all of their exercise calories??

Options
One minute they were there.... and then they were all gone. I have over 10,000 steps today so doesn't make sense that they all are gone now.

Replies

• BingeNinjaNate
    BingeNinjaNate Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes same thing just happened to me. I was about 50cals in the green and am now 200cals in the red, even though checking my fitbit confirms I still have a 500cal defecit.
  • JJHIII
    JJHIII Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mine just giving adjustment between Fitbit and my fitness pal and not excercise allowance
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have over 12000 steps today and poof..they are gone from the exercise page.
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I now have double steps and they keep coming back even if I delete one
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Now they are correct again
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    This app has had so many issues lately. Really annoying.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I had two Fitbit step entries at the bottom of my diary. They disappeared, but it was annoying.
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just checked and they are back. Strange.....
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think it was an issue with Fitbit. My app kept showing my 78 steps from getting ready this morning, then flashing my 17000 I'm ending my day with. It seems to all be working now.
  • kellybradley28
    kellybradley28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch and my steps don’t match fitnesspal. I don’t understand it! It’s off by like 2,000! When I look at my home page is where the difference is! When I go to my actual diary and look under exercise it is correct!! Was getting annoyed taking it off putting it back on hoping it would reset to correct count!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I'm using a Garmin FR 935 and haven't lost any steps or calories as of now. That said, the steps on the Android app are off by around 1k steps. Not the end of the world for me in part because the Garmin counted my rowing this morning as steps ~6k, but the lack of MFP updating is likely related to everything else in this thread.
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and the mobile app takes forever to update my exercise calories. Yesterday it did something very weird and tried to tell me I'd burned over 1400 calories with around 8000 steps, so i'll just ignore that day.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Happens to me sometimes with my Garmin, I usually have to disconnect the step tracker and then connect it again. It does sometimes result in multiple entries which is a pain.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Careful that you don't rely too heavily on these devices or apps. Studies show "there are seemingly a limited number of situations where the device is likely to provide accurate measurement"

This is according to the US National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30093371
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch. I do 2-3 classes a day, and usually a long walk. MFP records the walk, at shorter distance and fewer calories burned than the watch, and only posts one workout per day, likewise at a shorter time and less calories than recorded on the watch. So, like yesterday, MFP gave me 293, my watch gave me over 1100. I’ve given up trying to coordinate, and just stick to a flat calorie allotment. I’d like them to show in my diary as an attaboy, but am content with hugging the knowledge to myself.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch. I do 2-3 classes a day, and usually a long walk. MFP records the walk, at shorter distance and fewer calories burned than the watch, and only posts one workout per day, likewise at a shorter time and less calories than recorded on the watch. So, like yesterday, MFP gave me 293, my watch gave me over 1100. I’ve given up trying to coordinate, and just stick to a flat calorie allotment. I’d like them to show in my diary as an attaboy, but am content with hugging the knowledge to myself.

Known issue - MFP receives incorrect info from Apple (and Apple is very unlikely to correct it) - the more you walk or workout - the worse the issue is made.

You'll need to use an app like Pacer as go between, it sends the correct info to MFP.

So you would be hard pressed to figure out if your issue is related at all to the problem with Fitbit sending wonky info to MFP.

Or just create your eating goal based on average daily burn as given by watch.