My scale is CRAZY!!!

Options
I am doing really good...eating and exercising! I got on the scale this morning and it told me I had lost 3#.....GREAT but I thought it was alittle too much so I got on again it said I lost 2.3 then I moved it it told me I had lost .5, Then it gave me the lowest number again.:noway:

It is a Weight Watcher scale, about 6 years old. I have a tile floor and try to keep it in the same spot to be sure it's level.

I think maybe it is time to retire this one.........I don't want to spend $100's...any suggestions???

Thanks - I really have to get off the computer and get to work!!! :wink: Have a Great Day -

Replies

• mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try a new battery first. I know my town has a battery boy and it was 2$ plus tax for a new battery. If that doesnt work you might have to buy a new scale.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time... arms at your side, arms on your hips, holding your breath, blinking....now I just try to make sure I stand the same way every time...
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mine did the same thing last week. It just needed new batteries.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Try a new battery first. I have a scale that I really like. My grandma bought it for me. I am thinking she bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    20-40 bucks for a middle-of-the-road digital scale

not the best out there, but offers body fat % guesses (all guesses, no scale can really say exactly)
    as well as body water %

and of course, your weight :)

http://www.homedics.com/bath/bath-scales/healthstation-body-fat-scale.html

I see them on 'sale' at D*icks sporting goods and Sports Authority stores all the time.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Try a new battery?

My scale (old school dial kind) tells me something different every time i get on it. I simply just weight myself 3 times in a row and take the average weight.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The new battery is brillant! Sorry I didnt think of it! Thanks so much

Happy weighing :glasses: