Seasons

Options
Hi,

This is new to me and I'm so happy I found this site.. I've always had a hard time keeping up with a written food journal, but it's so nice to have it all electronic.. love it!

I'm a mother of three and a grandmother of four.. I lost my youngest child and only daughter in a car accident one week after her high school graduation. I was devastated and went on medicine to numb the pain, numb the pain it did, but also came alot of weight gain.

As I saw it, I had two choices I could quit living and become a recluse and hide under my covers or I could live and enjoy life, get healthy and strong for my boys and grandkids. I decided on the latter.
I still have hard days and will, until we're together again but I choose to live life to the fullest and take my daughter with me every step of the way.

I lost alot of my weight before I found this site so I'm at a maintenance level but am so excited to learn new things and make new friends.

Replies

• Neena
    Neena Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

This is new to me and I'm so happy I found this site.. I've always had a hard time keeping up with a written food journal, but it's so nice to have it all electronic.. love it!

I'm a mother of three and a grandmother of four.. I lost my youngest child and only daughter in a car accident one week after her high school graduation. I was devastated and went on medicine to numb the pain, numb the pain it did, but also came alot of weight gain.

As I saw it, I had two choices I could quit living and become a recluse and hide under my covers or I could live and enjoy life, get healthy and strong for my boys and grandkids. I decided on the latter.
    I still have hard days and will, until we're together again but I choose to live life to the fullest and take my daughter with me every step of the way.

I lost alot of my weight before I found this site so I'm at a maintenance level but am so excited to learn new things and make new friends.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Glad you found us! :flowerforyou:

Welcome! :smile:
  • Neena
    Neena Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you ~ glad I found you too...
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Welcome Neena! :flowerforyou:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Welcome Neena :flowerforyou: take one day at a time and it will get better :bigsmile: time heals all.
    Look forward to seeing your progress:love: .

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside :laugh: .
    Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy :smooched: .
  • krystina09
    Options
    well I'm a mother of a 6 month old son. I hate my weight and want to shed off those pounds. I tried loosing weight before but then gained it all back after giving birth to my son. I joined for my fitness class in high school to reach my goal
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.