Craziest Diet Fads

Options
What are some of the craziest diets/methods you've heard about?

Two word: Grape Diet. No joke. I read an article written by a woman who made it her mission to try out several different diets to see what worked. The Grape Diet was the craziest! She could only drink water and black coffee. All she could eat was ONE GRAPE per day. She must've misunderstood the diet, because that is absurd! HaHaHa

Replies

• happenstance82
    Options

Two word: Grape Diet. No joke. I read an article written by a woman who made it her mission to try out several different diets to see what worked. The Grape Diet was the craziest! She could only drink water and black coffee. All she could eat was ONE GRAPE per day. She must've misunderstood the diet, because that is absurd! HaHaHa
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, that's too funny. There's too many out there! LIke the eat a banana first thing in the morning and anything else for the rest of the day diet...hmm....When will people get the word that's out there about clean eating and exercise?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada

Emily: Andrea, my God! You look so chic.
    Andy Sachs: Oh, thanks. You look so thin.
    Emily: Really? It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That cabbage soup diet...gross LOL
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    the lemonade pepper diet? - or something. i don't know exactly.

hot water, chicken brother, and coffee. YUM
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think the Special K diet ranks up there as far as crazy goes. Eat two bowls of Special K a day, a regular meal for dinner, and lose weight. Ummm yeah but what are you getting out of your two bowls of Special K per day? Not nearly as much filling nutrition as you would if you ate what you're supposed to be eating on a balanced diet... fruit, veggies, protein, etc. How in the world are you supposed to fit in your daily servings of those things into *one* meal???? And what happens when you are no longer eating two bowls of Special K every day (I assume one could not do this forever and I believe Special K says to do it for 14 days).

I think it is a huge marketing gimmick to get people to buy Special K's cereal, which unfortunately is not very nutritious and it plays on people's ignorance about how to lose weight and what is healthy etc. Sad.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

That one was what I was going to say:laugh: There was also the Celebrity Diet with that orange drink....:laugh:
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    the lemonade pepper diet? - or something. i don't know exactly.

hot water, chicken brother, and coffee. YUM

Oh the lemon juice with cayenne pepper?? I actually tried that drink one day a loooong time ago before I wised up and started losing weight the right way, that stuff was nasty!
  • Tamrahan
    Options

Tapeworms. :sick:

Incidently the record for the longest tapeworm found in a human was 37 ft pulled out of the mouth of Sally Mae Wallace in 1991. :noway: :sick:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Emily: Really? It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Every time I hear that quote it makes me laugh!!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    the apple diet, which was advised to a friend from her DOCTOR!!! Four apples and some coffee in the am for like 4 days...supposed to jump start your metabolism. WHATEVER!!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options

LOL, you totally beat me to that one! Tried it in HS, couldn't make myself eat the Dam soup!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

That one was what I was going to say:laugh: There was also the Celebrity Diet with that orange drink....:laugh:

You girls beat me to it - cabbage soup - :noway:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ever hear of Body Solutions? You were supposed to drink a cup or oz of this liquid right before bed and the pounds would melt off while you slept!!!

The company has been shut down and filed bankruptcy! Wonder why????

Memaw
  • beagle595
    Options

Every time I hear that quote it makes me laugh!!!!
    That movie was cute! But the French are doing something right... they stay thin.. But I hope it's not all the nicotine. :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    To me, ingesting tape worm larva and letting it thrive until it's 6 ft long and absorbing all your nutrients...that takes the cake. :noway:
  • CassieNic
    Options
    mmmmmmm....tapeworm. *gag*
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    To me, ingesting tape worm larva and letting it thrive until it's 6 ft long and absorbing all your nutrients...that takes the cake. :noway:

:sick: :sick: :sick: Nastiness!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i did the grapefruit diet... only lasted one day though. all the grapefruit you want. i only wanted one LOL.