Anyone out there who recently gave birth?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone is on here who recently gave birth. I just gave birth to twins on May 31st and am down to my prepregnancy weight (although I would like to lose about 15 or 20 more lbs) - I am all flab though! I have never been this out of shape in all my life. I need some serious motivation I just feel overwhelmed with it all. Anyone on here in the same boat or have any advice?

Thanks,

Maggie

Replies

• LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I didn't just give birth, But I have 2 children myself, ages 2 and 4. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. :) And good luck!
  • mrsageorge
    Options
    I just had my first child on June 21. I am very out of shape too. Having a baby who needs a lot of attention means I don't always get to exercise like I would like to. But I just keep looking at pictures of my pre pregnancy self and that helps me stay motivated! Good luck!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Mine are 3 and 5. Just think - it took several months with very precious beings to stretch it out, it will take some time to firm as well. Sad to say that for most people, you just will have to give this one a little bit of time. Vitamin E oil did seem to help return my skin to something a little less scary though!
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    I didn't just give birth I have a 2 year old but I know what your talking about, after I had my baby my stomach was sooo soft it took a few months to get my muscles back, it will happen!
  • rlcruise1
    rlcruise1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your twins! They are cute. I had a baby in may too. I know what you mean, I'm close to my pre pregnancy weight but it is all distributed differently. I can't fit my clothes because my midsection is just flab. I find it hard to get to the gym because I am uncomfortable leaving baby with gym daycare and I have to time it around when baby needs to eat, when my three year old needs to sleep, and their limited daycare hours.

The only advice I can give is try to throw in some exercises while around the house. Bending over to get a toy- do some squats while picking it up. Laying on the floor playing with baby- press them up into the air and lower them down for kisses. I try to throw in some reverse crunches and oblique exercises while watching tv.

They aren't this tiny forever, so as baby ages I'll get more serious about adding the cardio and weights I need.
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank rlcruise. Yeah I am in the middle of being restationed so it is so hard to find the time to work out but I get a few minutes here and there. I try to just do as much physical activity as possible - take the kids for a walk, take the stairs, carry the laundry up and downstairs myself instead of waiting for my husband to do it. I was going to try that mommy and me exercise video but it is so expensive to get the kit! But for now I suppose I will just do what I can.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had my last baby on christmas day-I got back to my prepregnancy wgt in april then-I worked out 6 days w/ a rest day-and watched calories close-I'm also breastfeeding still. I did all my work w/ dvd's-no gym-also walking on my treadmill-lots when baby when baby would nap or be fed and content and would watch me-feel free to add me as friend ;-)