Double counting my workout?

Options
FlyUnity
FlyUnity Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Question. Brand new. Did just over an hour of volleyball... And it added a lot of calories as a result. Is that accurate?!

I have a watch that tracks my steps. When I started my volleyball, I selected "volleyball" on my watch on the Google fit app.

I notice that in the picture (linked below). That it gives me calories for my volleyball, and it gives me calories as a result of my steps... However I think the majority of them steps are from volleyball (See below pic).

Is this double counting my workout? I only am using Google Fit and a Smart watch.

Thanks for any suggestions or input!!

o43v7jsrtgk0.png

Replies

• mszallar
    mszallar Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It appears that you're adjustment is double counting.

I know this because your goal of 1500 cals is based on your Total Energy Expenditure for the day. (Total you burn based on your bmr and activity level.) This number, is almost identical to your "exercise" for the day, which tells me it's double counting calories in your adjustment.

Your volleyball total is also, almost identical, to your calorie adjustment.

I would say your total "exercise" calories would be 785, assuming those volleyball inputs are correct.

I just had a similar issue with Samsung health app sending bad info. I had to disconnect the app and manually input everything.

Anyway, hope that helps.