Ex-ED Victim ready to live again!

Options
inkybadger
inkybadger Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Never thought I’d be back here.

The last time I was on this app, 3 years ago, things were bad. I gave up myfitnesspal because it was part of how I exercised my unhealthy habits- I used it to reinforce my eating disorder. After recovery I ballooned up to a size I would have slit my wrists over back in the day, but I’m not here to be that fragile and judgmental girl I was in college. I want to live healthy and learn how to live a life not revolving around food.

Now that I’m better I’m striving to be healthy again, but it’s hard. I’m trying my best to use this app the correct way now and get the life I want without the life-controlling issues. Wish me luck!

Replies

• inkybadger
    inkybadger Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Just tried to hug myself on my own post but the app won’t let me so I’m just gonna leave myself an emoji hug. You go girl! You can do it! You can be healthy!! 🙏🏼🥰🤗🤜🤛
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you I'm still struggling with bulimias ways and thoughts it's hard. I'm sending you hugs you can and will do it 🤗🤗🤗
  • AppleHater_
    AppleHater_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow I’m in the same situation!!!! I was also here 3 years ago, eating about 500 cals a day and drinking vodka for the remaining 500. Wasn’t a very cute moment of my life....lol. Trying to do better now.
    Good luck!
  • cheerocracy
    cheerocracy Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    hey! I can relate as well! I was on MFP since 2008!!! when I was struggling with an eating disorder, I severely under ate, exercised like a maniac and obsessed over losing weight. I was also in university. I was later hospitalised for anorexia and later developed binge eating. But that was a long time ago, I am in a much better place now and ready to lose weight the healthy way. I do not want to go back to that, but rather want to live a healthier life. I am so blessed to have gone through recovery and therapy and know how to auto regulate and know the signs. Still, I understand the struggle. I just use mfp to make sure I'm eating all the meals, not really checking the calories just mental note that its healthy. In my long journey in ED ive found that the best way to beat it is to focus on something other than food. a career? a hobby? friendship? another goal? in my life all i had is food, then i decided to movie abroad and actually live my life and realised life is more than my weight. obviously its more than that, but hopefully it helps. please never give up you guys! there is always a way out. xoxox