Emotional and Stress Eating Friends

Options
I struggle big time with emotional and stress eating. I suffer from depression and when I am having one of my struggles I want to turn to food..mostly carbs! I'm also finding myself more and more easily stressed out. I'm guessing due to financial worries and raising twin 3 yr old boys who are HIGH energy. I need friends that understand these struggles so that we can help each other stay on track!!!

Replies

• kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hello, not sure how old your twins are but, could you be suffering from postpartum depression? Start keeping a journal when you want to turn to food start writing. Does your health insurance offer and EAP (Employee Assistance Program)? If your symptoms of depression persist get to your Primary Care doctor and discuss it with him/her.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As a mum to a nearly 4year old and financial worries aswell I get you completely.
    My husband and me can have an argument and I instantly turn to food.
    I feel stressed at work I turn to food.
    Usually my comfort food is cakes, chocolate, biscuits, basically anything and EVERYTHING sweet. My god I can easily eat a 12person cake to myself when I’m feeling low and I have done this in the past.
    My mental health isn’t great either, Ive been on medication for a long long time but sometimes things just do get on top of you.

I will send you a friend request and if u ever just want to chat or vent ( I may not have twins but I know how kids can REALLY push buttons) I will always get back to u xx
  • KrazyTwinMomma
    KrazyTwinMomma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You're my kind of momma!! <3
  • KrazyTwinMomma
    KrazyTwinMomma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Hello, not sure how old your twins are but, could you be suffering from postpartum depression? Start keeping a journal when you want to turn to food start writing. Does your health insurance offer and EAP (Employee Assistance Program)? If your symptoms of depression persist get to your Primary Care doctor and discuss it with him/her.

They are 3. I didn't really suffer from pp depression in specific. I've been on medication for depression since I was 17. It's a long standing chemical inbalance. I just find myself burying my feelings/stress in chips, cookies, bread, chocolate, ice cream, etc. And it would be nice to make some new friends who are working on the same sorts of things as I am. :)
  • bpeters1989
    bpeters1989 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I could have written this myself. I totally can relate to you. I have a 6 year old boy with high energy as well and a 7 year old girl. I do not know how you can deal with 2 boys. I barely can deal with 1! I also eat emotionally and have been since I was younger. Financial stress is huge in my life too. My weakness is chocolate and sugar as well. Let's be friends! I'm here If you want to vent.
  • brittnneal8123
    brittnneal8123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im a stay at home Mom of 3 kids, boy-6, girl-4, girl-22 months. I get stressed or emotional all the time! When I put them to bed at night I just think about what “treat” I can eat and relax alone with food and the tv. It’s a bad habit because I could easily consume 600 calories. I’m trying to find other ways to treat myself after a long day.
  • blackbear555
    blackbear555 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes! I’m an emotional eater as well. I have a ton of health worries (had breast cancer 7 years ago) and my daughter also has cystic fibrosis so her diet is extremely high fat and high salt so it’s hard to not eat what she eats lol. I always seem to eat my emotions whether I’m happy, sad excited or worried. It’s a vicious cycle. I’ve started going on short walk 1-2 times a day and it seems to calm my nerves. Hang in there!