Snacks

Options
I need some suggestions for healthy snacks I mostly eat healthy meals but snacks are more challenging

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack is Wheat Thins, followed by green smoothies (with 0% fat Greek yogurt as the base), and then I just discovered Popcorners Flex protein crisps and the bbq option is amazing! 90 calories per serving with 10g of protein. It was by the 'healthy' chips/popcorn at the store.
  • frozenhands
    frozenhands Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Baby carrots
    Cucumbers
    Any raw veggies really
    Clementines
    Yogurt
    Apples
    Grapes
    Any fruit really
    Protein Bar
    Nuts
    Hard boiled eggs

I like to do a string cheese and two clementines or a string cheese and carrots & cucumbers. I also started buying the Sargento Balanced Breaks that have cheese cubes with dried fruit and nuts. Sometimes I'll have an apple with peanut butter or a yogurt with some cut up strawberries. I recently tried the Olly protein slim boost bars. Those are really good. I like the Luna protein bars too, but sometimes I just get the regular dark chocolate and almond Nature Valley granola bars.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hummus & baby carrots, Greek yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, protein bars, string cheese, wasabi peas, popcorn, fudge pops, frozen yogurt or ice cream, fruit, beef jerky
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    String cheese
    Baby carrots
    Cucumbers
    Any raw veggies really
    Clementines
    Yogurt
    Apples
    Grapes
    Any fruit really
    Protein Bar
    Nuts
    Hard boiled eggs

I like to do a string cheese and two clementines or a string cheese and carrots & cucumbers. I also started buying the Sargento Balanced Breaks that have cheese cubes with dried fruit and nuts. Sometimes I'll have an apple with peanut butter or a yogurt with some cut up strawberries. I recently tried the Olly protein slim boost bars. Those are really good. I like the Luna protein bars too, but sometimes I just get the regular dark chocolate and almond Nature Valley granola bars.

I love clementines, but those can be calorie bombs because 1 usually ends of being 5 or 6 for me :p Last night I ate over 200 calories in them because I wasn't paying attention to how many I was grabbing-they're so darn good!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks right now are:
    Skinny pop popcorn (pepperjack flavor)
    Oranges
    Apples
    Pepperjack cheese stick
    Laughing cow cheese wedge with triscuits
    Carrot sticks
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries added
    Luna mini bar - lemon zest flavor
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Boom Chicka Pop
    Veggies
    Fruit
    String cheese
    100 cal pack of almonds
    hard boiled egg
    pickles
    laughing cow cheese wedge
    oatmeal

If I'm feeling extra snack-y and I'm about to watch some serious Netflix or a movie or something, I'll make a snack plate with a boiled egg, 2 pickle spears, a cheese wedge/string cheese, some strawberries, and baby carrots. Sometimes I'll skip the cheese and do broccoli + 2 TB greek yogurt ranch. The whole plate comes out to 200-250 cals and you actually end up feeling satisfied! :smiley:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Looks like you got all the same inputs I would normally give from the young ladies above. Just remember even a healthy choice can become a bad choice if you overindulge.
    My snack of choice is peanut butter or nuts. But I sometimes go overboard, unless I take the time to weigh or measure. If I let myself eat PB outta the jar, it's on like donkey kong, half the jar will be gone in no time. Same with nuts, if I don't weigh out a serving, I'll put a hurting on the can.
  • Alinumber1
    Alinumber1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone great suggestions