HELP Not Losing

Options
I have been using the calorie counter now for about a month or more and going to jazzecise 1 hour classes about 5 times per week and havent lost any weight! Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Replies

• LizCor
    LizCor Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you staying away from carbs, taking in enough protein and drinking enough water? I've found that carbs are my enemy, so I try to stay away from them. Also, from my experience, the more water you drink, the more you lose! Right now, I drink about 120 oz a day! It's a lot, but it's essential to losing the weight.

Good Luck!
  • cyndihart
    Options
    I have been staying the same too but at the beginning I took my measurements. I have lost over 2.5 inches in my waist. So you might be losing inches and toning your body and not be losing pounds but that should change shortly :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It isn't always about staying under calories but also what you eat. Make sure to eat more than 3 times a day - more like 5 or 6 times if possible. Get any form of exercise possible even if it is just walking. Water is very important. Sometimes, it also takes time for your body to adjust to a new lifestyle. Give it time - it will happen.
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Are you being accurate in your logging? Do you measure out cups, oz, tablespoons, etc? All the extra cals from inaccurate eyeballing add up. Also, water, water, water, and watch your sodium.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Need more information, what is your goal for calories? Do you eat your exercise calories? How much are you trying to lose overall and how much are you trying to lose each week?
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you make your food diary public we can give you tips or suggestions based on what you are eating and what your calorie goal is.
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    If you can make sure your food journal is public so we can see! Water, good calories, low carbs are essential!
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Kaswain, open up your diary so people can see what your eating and then they can actually help! I was worried at first and thought it would be awful but everyone has bad days and it really does help to have a little encouragement when you think your doing the right thing and what you really need to do is cut out 1 or 2 things!

Make sure you eat most of your exercise points everyday if not all! I was on a plateau for 45 days!!!!!!!!! I just busted it at camp because I had to stop worrying about going over this imaginary line (even if you eat over your calories allowed you are still well below your BMR) and just added a bunch of extra steps each day. I was dropping inches but finally dropped 4 pounds.

You can do it, take your measurements, it totally helps when the scale is not moving to see these changes!