Macro

Options
Hello! Wondering how everyone else macros are?!? I feel as if mine are off! Protein goal is 20%...i definitely go over this every day! Carb goal is 50%....I don’t come close to this! Fats are 30% and I usually am right about this! Help! I feel like I should increase my protein numbers and decrease the carbs!

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Macros are personal preference. They don't directly affect weight loss, but can help with satiety and adherence. Just find whatever combo makes it easiest for you to stick to your calorie goal
  • kellybradley28
    kellybradley28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I’m a tad down this week due to only a 1lb weight loss....I am in week 2...anyone else plateau this week?
  • jenniferozzy
    jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    im eating too many carbs and not enough protein, im a pescetarian and never anywhere near what my protein intake should be accoring to mfp
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,299 Member
    Options
    im eating too many carbs and not enough protein, im a pescetarian and never anywhere near what my protein intake should be accoring to mfp

Hitting the protein goal as a minimum can help with retaining as much existing muscle as possible while losing weight, so that's worth working on. It should be possible, with some work. (I do it as an ovo-lacto vegetarian).

Review your food diary to find foods you're eating that have relatively many calories, but no or little protein. Reduce or eliminate those, and add some foods you enjoy that have at least a bit of protein. (Even some veggies and fruit have protein).

If you chip away at this, you can gradually improve how your eating contributes to your nutritional goals.

Best wishes!
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options

I eat a pescetarian leaning diet and never have trouble hitting my protein, what's your target?
    Do you eat dairy? Greek yogurt is a great protein source, as is beans (I aim for a serving of beans every day).