Low Calorie Snacks

Options
bdette73
bdette73 Posts: 18 Member
I am new to MFP and am in desperate need of low calorie snacks! I am almost out of calories for the day and it is only noon! Help please! Any great snacks that won't eat up too many calories for suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Bdette

Replies

• mwoosley
    mwoosley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    microwave popcorn
  • tammyeischen
    Options
    fresh fruit, 100 calorie pack of almonds, fresh veggies, popcorn, special k crackers, granola bar
  • kells912
    kells912 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Special K chips, they come in several varieties
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Oh for days like that I eat a lot of veggies, steamed veggies, raw veggies. Just lots of veggies. Salads are great as well. Lots of water and fiber. Hope that helps
  • afiyap
    afiyap Posts: 6
    Options
    Some of my favorite low cal snacks are light string cheese-only 50 calories and any fresh fruit or veggies (apple slices, plums, baby carrots etc.) The 100 cal packs of raw almonds are also filling. Hope this helps!
  • emme1978
    emme1978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fiber One - 90 calorie bar (if you're a brownie lover) or Snackwells Peanut Butter Cereal Bars (140 cals, but it's got 8g of protein and doesn't taste gritty at all)
  • albertlars250
    Options
    lots of fresh:happy: veggies...celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower:happy:
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Hummus and rice cakes.

85 calories a glass (makes 2 glasses)
    Green Smoothie: 1 cup frozen strawberries, Frozen banana, 2 ice cubes, 2 cups water, 3 cups spinach (i promise you won't taste it), packet of splenda (or honey), splash of orange juice or 1/2 a freshly squeezed lemon.

These are my two go-to snacks, and I start my morning out with the green smoothie. It is so yummy!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bdette73
    bdette73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions and hope!
  • sizesixmissy
    Options
    Natures Valley Chocolate granola patch (80 calories each)
  • cdstormer
    cdstormer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can you use frozen spinach? I am definitely going to try this!
  • cdstormer
    cdstormer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hummus and rice cakes.

85 calories a glass (makes 2 glasses)
    Green Smoothie: 1 cup frozen strawberries, Frozen banana, 2 ice cubes, 2 cups water, 3 cups spinach (i promise you won't taste it), packet of splenda (or honey), splash of orange juice or 1/2 a freshly squeezed lemon.

These are my two go-to snacks, and I start my morning out with the green smoothie. It is so yummy!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes for sure- but they aren't very filling in my opinion.
    A cup of watermelon, grapes etc.
    I suppose it is more of a meal but spaghetti squash is sooo low in calories& a cup plus some sauce fills me right up.
    Almonds are good. Fat free plain yogurt with a handful of fruit.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Beef/Turkey/Buffalo jerky. Its lo cal and high protein, and comes with the bonus that biological protein curbs hunger.
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    try the flavored rice cakes...i love the cheddar cheese :)
  • Merodie
    Merodie Posts: 21
    Options
    fiber one bars when you gotta have chocolate. Air pop popcorn 15 calories a cup!!!! spray butter and voila salt or sweet.!:flowerforyou:
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have to try that! It sounds so healthy.
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have to put a plug in for the Kelloggs Fiber Plus bars - the one with coconut tastes just like my favorite Girl Scout cookie (Samoas - YUUUUMMMMM!!!!:bigsmile:)
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Strawberries (8 medium and some 1/3 fat cream cheese) Slice up the strawberries and put them in a bowl. Then take the cream cheese ( 2 tablespoons) and nuke it for 20 seconds. Then mix it all together ...depending on the sweetness of the strawberries you may add some splenda or stevia...then stir. It's a bowl full of antioxident yumminess! about 100 to 115 calories. That depends on the size of the strawberries. Yep that was my desert tonight....after my 325 calorie total ..plate full of pizza I made. Who said watching what you eat is boring..no not me.