Beachbody Hybrids?

Options
I’m in my third phase of P90X, and I’ve been doing some research on which program I would like to do next.

Initially, I wanted to do a second round of P90X and do running on my cardio days.. But then I started watching video clips on Beachbody’s website, and now I’m COMPLETELY indecisive about what I want to do. shrug2.gif

I want a combination of strength training and good cardio (Yoga and Kenpo just don't cut it for me between strength days). Insanity looks amazing.. TurboFire also looks like a great cardio workout. I will do P90X2 eventually, but I may hold off until Spring.

Has anyone done a P90X/Insanity hybrid? Or does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for what to do after P90X? Experiences?

Replies

• jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am doing a P90x/Insanity hybrid right now. It's fantastic!!! I'll email you the program. It's Insanity based, so it's only 60 days, but I know there are a ton of 90-day versions out there as well.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one now. I follow this schedule, but switch up the Insanity routines if I want to tailor it to how I'm feeling on that particular day.

http://pledgetostayfit.com/documents/p90x_insanity_hybrid_workout_schedule.pdf
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I just finished my first round of P90x last Saturday and started P90x Plus on Monday.

I'm liking the Plus so far, the workouts are definitely challenging! They move a lot faster and their are little to no breaks (so far at least) unlike in P90x.

I will say, even though its only been 3 days I do kind of miss the heavier weight training. The first video was upper body and there was almost no weight lifting, mainly just pull-ups and push-ups though I did burn a ton of calories!

If you're looking for more intense cardio I've heard that Insanity is the way to go. People like to do an Insanity/P90x hybrid to keep the weight training involved too, since more an more studies have shown that weight training is crucial to retaining muscle definition!

I just decided to do P90x Plus since it was the next step! Hopefully you'll hear from some people who have done more rounds than me!
  • chiken88
    Options
    Hybrid schedules are great. What is your current fitness goal? You might lose a little strength if you did just Insanity, but not a huge amount. If your goal is overall fitness and not building significant muscle I would do the 60 days of Insanity first and then do a hybrid version. Insanity has lots of pushups, squats, and jumping in it that will help you maintain your muscle. As far as deciding between TurboFire and Insanity it depends on what type of exercise routine you prefer. TurboFire is more of a choreographed routine with punches, kicks and jumps to high energy music. Insanity is more like a bootcamp. I felt like I was back in High School running fitness drills when I did it. I love them both though. There are lots of hybrid schedules on the message board at beachbody. BTW P90X2 is going on pre-order Sept 1 for late December delivery.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme is a good mix of both. Maybe it's exactly what you are looking for. Good warm up to P90X2.