olive garden

Options
going to be going to olive garden and don't want to blow my calories!!! any suggestions?

Replies

• deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Soup! And no breadsticks!
  • Tracydannielle
    Options
    Olive Garden is the worst! Good luck :)
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Garden salad with the dressing and croutons on the side. You can do it!
  • tlrunyon
    tlrunyon Posts: 127
    Options
    Don't go:sad:
    Just kidding...maybe this could be your free day? Or when you get your meal, put half in a box before you start eating. Limit to one breadstick. That's a toughy.
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I believe they post their nutrition on their website. I suggest checking it out before going there.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I get the chicken marsala and as soon as it is served I get a box and box up half of it for the next day and it's not bad at all in the calories. Just 1 breadstick and small amount of salad and I stay in my calorie goal.

All are in the database so super easy to log.....watch your portions, more breadsticks and salad can really up the calories. Don't forget to add any extras like parmasean cheese...

Have a great time!!!

Watch the soup, several articles have said their soup posting is super wrong and low by up to 200 calories per bowl.........
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden is the worst! Good luck :)

I have to agree with this. I have gone to Olive Garden ONCE since I started this journey over a year and a half ago. I haven't been back. Even the salad is terrible for calories.
  • ckrella
    ckrella Posts: 14
    Options
    Google Olive Garden. They have a nutrional menu online and one you can ask for at the restaraunt.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    they have an apricot chicken with steamed veggies, I think it is 400 cals you can check their website , I usually get this with a bowl of soup and skip the breadsticks..........
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    They have nutrition info at the restaurants. I'm gluten free (they have gf pasta! woop!) and I asked for their menu and in the same pamphlet is their nutrition information.

Just ask for that and go from there. It should also be on their website, I'd imagine.

They do have some decent meals like the apricot chicken. I think the soups are fairly safe (if you ignore sodium, ha!).

Of cours eyou have the option of either sharing a plate or taking some home for another meal. I wouldn't select something I wouldn't really enjoy because of the cals, I'd rather eat something good, but that I'd like and not eat it all.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    they have an apricot chicken with steamed veggies, I think it is 400 cals you can check their website , I usually get this with a bowl of soup and skip the breadsticks..........
    I have to agree. Just ask for the low carb menu when you get seated and this apricot chicken isn't that bad. Get some minestrone soup to eat before hand. The soup will help you fill up.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Nutrition/

I think if you stick w/ a salad w/o dressing and a bowl of soup you'll be ok
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

This is what my mom gets when she goes there. I avoid the place all together LOL
  • oceanlvr9495
    Options
    thanks for the info, being taken out to dinner for belated birthday with other co-workers and it was not my choice, would still like to enjoy myself.....holy cow!!! the sodium it is ridiculous!!!! thanks so much for all the input!!! greatly appreciated!!!! i wonder if you can order off of the kids meal?? at least the kids pasta with marina is not to bad in calories and sodium.
  • fivetwo84
    Options
    I went last week & it was awful. It ruined me for several days, but that's because I have no self-control at all. Try to only eat 1 breadstick, because they're like, 160 cals each. Salad is okay, but try to stay away from the alfredo - it's probably the worst thing on the menu.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i went a few weeks ago and I planned it ahead of time. I didn't touch the salad, only had one breadstick and i got the cheese ravioli. all in all the calories weren't too terrible plus i went for a long bike ride after and burnt them all away.

also the venetian apricot chicken is probably the healthiest dish they have and people say it's delicious.

Venetian Apricot Chicken 400 6.79 1.86 1290 34 6 51

calories, fat, sat fat, sodium, carbs, fiber, protein.