All natural honey

Options
Is all natural honey bad for you? Also, my overall health sucks right now, between migraines, and just feeling worn out all the time, motivation is hard to come by...

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Only if you have a medical condition that makes it bad for you to eat honey.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What prompted you to ask the question? Let me guess, something you read?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us a little bit more about what's going on with you right now? It's hard to offer advice without some context.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Is all natural honey bad for you? Also, my overall health sucks right now, between migraines, and just feeling worn out all the time, motivation is hard to come by...

If you're allergic in some way to something that could be in the honey (for example pollen), it could be harmful. For most people it's just tasty bee-spit sugar. I can't see why honey would be related to your motivation or being worn out, though.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    Don't eat so much honey that it prevents getting adequate overall nutrition within a reasonable calorie goal, or makes you go over that calorie goal in order to get adequate nutrition on top of the honey.

It's calorie-dense, but not very nutrient-dense, that's all.

Good overall nutrition is important. Healthy body weight is important. If those are coming along nicely, a little honey isn't going to be a problem (unless you're diabetic, in which case, ask your doctor).

Does honey have something to do with migraines or motivation, for you? Are you looking for some kind of advice about either of those, or just the honey?

Hope you soon feel better, either way!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you are deficient in something and that is causing you to feel low all the time I doubt honey is the answer. If you have been under-eating then the calorie dense honey may help with bumping your calories for the day.

I like honey but in a normal year I might use it 5 times. In one of the rare years I get sick I will use it in tea until I feel better (comfort not medicinal). Last time I checked there were many claims about what honey can supposedly do. I have never really checked into them because I rarely use any sweetener so it is not important to me. I assume when something has a long list of miracle uses that a small percentage of them have some basis in fact and the rest are exaggerations.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    All natural honey
    All natural honey vs unnatural honey?

The unnatural honey is made by drones.

ihypwwxu7aiu.pngtb29he2q8hn8.png

Drones and yeast? Is this going to be the new impossible burger?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I eat honey every day. Usually I put it in my tea.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you are an infant under 1-year-old, it can be dangerous, especially raw honey.

If you've passed your first birthday, it is a delicious food product that has calories and a sweet taste. I use honey and maple syrup to sweeten my homemade Greek-style yogurt. That and a little Mexican vanilla, can't be beat. Best yogurt out there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Is there any other type of honey?

Perhaps the imported ones that allegedly are counterfeit (cut with corn syrup or fructose syrup)?

Some people would feel that ultra-filtered honey, which is common in commercial US honey (pollen removed) - or so I've read - is not "all natural",

Meh.

I don't use much, but buy mine at the farmers market, mainly because the honey seller is quite the character and fun to chat with.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2016/07/15/exclusive-book-excerpt-honey-is-worlds-third-most-faked-food/#2ab9216d4f09