Keeping it up!

Hi everyone,

I have been a member for a few months now but never been brave enough to post anything (just in case I did badly) but I seem to be going pretty good and have lost 7lbs so far.

I am just starting to loose motivation and was wondering if anyone out there had some that they could lend to me for a while? I promise I will give it back when you need it : )

Replies

• Hi everyone,

I have been a member for a few months now but never been brave enough to post anything (just in case I did badly) but I seem to be going pretty good and have lost 7lbs so far.

I am just starting to loose motivation and was wondering if anyone out there had some that they could lend to me for a while? I promise I will give it back when you need it : )
  • abrown323
    abrown323 Posts: 22 Member
    WOW, 7 Lbs is really good. I know what keeps me motivated is thinking of what all I have accomplished. Not only in weight but I look back to the first time I got on the treadmill and couldn't hardly do anything. Now I am running at fast speeds and can actually run for a longer period of time. That is a big accomplishment. Another thing that keeps me motivated is that I have some pieces of clothing that are a size or 2 too small and I oocasionally take them out and see if I can fit into them. That is a big reward to fit into something smaller. I have also lost about 7 Lbs since I have changed my lifestyle for the past couple of months and I can fit into a pair of shorts that I haven't been able to wear for about 7 years now. They were my favorite pair and I couldn't throw them away.

Keep up the good work! You will be so proud of yourself and feel so great in the end!
  • dnjcountry
    dnjcountry Posts: 22 Member
    hey 7 pounds is a great start. What is your goal? Goals give you something to look forward to.
    I know this is not easy. But beleive me it is worth it.
    You keep up the good work. I have lost 5 pounds since I started 3 weeks ago.
    My eating habits are so much better.
    My goal is 135 to 140 pounds. I am at 179 at this time.

keep up the good work
    J-
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Hi! congrats on losing 7 lbs! I just happened to step on the scale and have also lost 7 lbs! YEA for us! I agree with the below posts. Goals are very important! Even if you are losing slowly, you are still losing, and it is probably a little more healthy anyway. So keep it up, and report back to us soon!

Good Luck!
  • Hi again guys!

Thank you so much for the inspiration! Abrown323 congradulations on loosing 7lbs also.

I have taken your advice and have set myself some goals. I currently weigh 171lbs. My mini goal is to loose 8lbs before I am a bridesmaid at the end of November. But my big goal is to get down to 143lbs. I would love to be that weight before the middle of next year....*smile*

Also, great idea about buying clothes that are a couple of sizes smaller. Plus, what a reward when you do get there? I find it hard sometimes of thinking of rewards that are not food.
  • abrown323
    abrown323 Posts: 22 Member
    I have heard to reward yourself with a manicure, pedicure, or a massage but I don't have the time or the money, so my best thing is to try to fit into clothes that I normally can't or even better is to buy a bikini that I have NEVER been able to wear. BUT, before I can even wear a bikini I would have to get rid of all of these stupid stretch marks. That is definitely one "plastic surgery" that I will have done, eventually. I will love the rest of my body the way that it is!

I love to think of all of the things I HAVE accomplished and what I will accomplish if I keep it up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,932 Member
    Seven pounds is spectacular progress. Step up your exercise a notch, it may kickstart your body again.

I've been buying shoes.....probably too many. And jewelry - not expensive ones, but I'm not buying any clothes for a few months.

Everyone loses weight at a different rate due to their different body types, age, weight-to-lose, type of exercise etc. It is also common to have plateaus where you don't lose weight for a little while. Please don't give up! Just get right back on your plan - log in and enter your foods and exercise daily, and read others' stories on these posts - there is a lot of knowledge here, and someone will always have an answer or kind word for you.

Be gentle with yourself - after all, you are your best friend.

~cheryl and Budhi ("booty" - my workout partner-kitty)