Food after 7pm

Options
I have this need to eat graham crackers before I go to bed with a glass of fat free milk........I'ts a bad habit need to break!..

Replies

• rara29510
    rara29510 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying. I have this need to eat cereal before I go to bed and it's a hard habit to break. I exercise in the evenings and when I am done exercising, I feel soooo hungry... and cereal sounds so good and hard to resist. Even though it's Kellogg's Fiber plus Antioxidants Cereal, I still should refrain and try to not eat so late... "You're not alone"..lol
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Eating at night is my biggest vice and hugest hurdle!! I have done good this week, but only because I have been trying to get my daughter to sleep in her own bed, so my usual chowtime has been spent on her bedroom floor!!!
    I totally feel your pain. But at least you arent going crazy on the food. A couple graham crackers and milk isnt all THAT bad IMO.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    it really is not that bad! the problem with eating at night is people tend to eat PURE CRAP. like donuts, chocolate (me lol) cakes cookies etc..
    if you're hungry, EAT. dont starve that'll just make everything worse.. make yourself a stir fry.. eat a yogurt.. make a smoothie.. etc etc
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time of day you eat, in fact I save my "dessert" until the evening as I think that snacking little and often works.

I'd rather eat a snack at 10pm than fill up at 6pm and then have noting.

Little and often is my motto. The only thing I wouldn't do is eat lots of carbs before bed. I tend to do fromage frais with some berries or high protein stuff like tuna on rye.

Providing you are within your goals then go ahead :o)

(just my opinion, but it's working for me)

On the milk thing, milk isn't so good before bed because lactose is a sugar so right before bed it can keep you awake.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Martinhurton is a very wise man. Agree with all he said there. Also the whole don't eat after 6 or 7pm is a myth. Calories in calories out doesn't matter when you eat or when you exercise, as long as you keep the balanve right.

Slán. Phil.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the philosophy that you cannot eat after a certain time of night. Calories in are calories in regardless of when you burn them.