Taekwondo

Gord196
Gord196 Posts: 3 Member
I’m doing taekwondo to lose weight.. is their anyone else doing taekwondo too lose weight

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I am not but i always wished i had learned one of the martial arts. How long have you been doing it?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    I do taekwondo with my son. We’re on a little hiatus because I’ve had knee surgery, and it still hurts when I kick. I can’t speak for how much it helped with weight loss for myself as I did other exercise as well. But a girl in our class says she cut out sugar and started taekwondo three times a week and after 6 months she had lost 30lbs by those cuts alone.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,329 Member
    Took tkd not for weight reason.. (was actually underweight when I started)

You can do tkd 7days a week if you want.. but it's up how much you eat what counts in regards to weight wise..

Oh.. I eat more during the years doing tkd.. became close friends with other students.. what we do after classes(night).. we go to korean restaurant and chow down.. lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Took Martial Arts from 1974 through 2004. Had my own TKD School in the 80's. Never had a weight problem until 1987, when I closed up shop and moved. We are retiring this year and moving. Told my wife that I think I will take it up again after we move. Pick some style I have never practiced and start from scratch. Looking forward to putting on that White Belt.