Can seem to get it right

Options
Im waaay over on my protein, and waaay under on my carbs. But then if I add carbs, and remove the protein, then Im over on my fat and calories....what gives???? Should I just eat veggies and cheese? Any suggestions? I know it will take time, Im just now getting into this...maybe I just needed to vent for a second

Replies

• blherce
    Options
    Im waaay over on my protein, and waaay under on my carbs. But then if I add carbs, and remove the protein, then Im over on my fat and calories....what gives???? Should I just eat veggies and cheese? Any suggestions? I know it will take time, Im just now getting into this...maybe I just needed to vent for a second
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    LOL, Welcome to our world. Yeah it takes some time and lots of tweaking to get it right. Don't worry about going over a little bit though, I don't think I had a single day where I hit all my numbers exactly. This is kinda like horseshoes, close counts! :happy:
  • markfloyd
    Options
    I'm one of those that use the numbers as a guide. I'd rather be higher on the Protein side and lower on the fat and carbs. You need some carbs for energy, but if you don't use them up, they turn to fat as well. In fact, I use Whey Protein on a daily basis.

If it's a concern, eat smaller portions of Meat.
  • lllmoe
    Options
    I am pretty new to this and I have been having the exact same problem! I have resorted to just following mostly the calories and making sure I get a reasonable amount of fat (not too much or too little). I don't think I eat an excessive amount of meat, so I figure if I go over on my protein it will just help me build muscle and if I'm under on carbs it will help me slim down. Is that dumb?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    not dumb no. You do want to try to be in the ballpark though. Extra protein won't hurt unless you go way overboard, but very few carbs can sometimes leave you feeling not very full and a little sluggish.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Do not worry about going over on protein. It will help your lean muscle mass and it is almost impossible to convert protein to fat.