1,200 calorie diet, not losing weight anymore

Options
Hi everyone,
My doctor put me on a 1,200 calorie diet back in February, I lost 3 pounds in the first month and now I have stopped losing any weight since. I go to the gym every day, 2 days are straight cardio and the other days are 30 mins of cardio and then weights. I am new at all of this, my question is what has stalled my weight loss??

Replies

• Kyliejo0371
    Kyliejo0371 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am just using my fitness pal to log the food intake
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

That's how you are logging...but how are you measuring?

cups/spoons?
    food scale?
    guessing?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

If you don't have a food scale, get one and use it. Odds are that 1200 cal is probably not ideal for you either. Doctors really need to stop trying to give health advice, they don't get the education to do so. Getting a referral to a registered dietician though can be a ton of help.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Are you weighing everything on a food scale?
  • Kyliejo0371
    Options
    I have just been using measuring cups. I am 5’4...and only looking to lose 20 pounds to get to my ideal weight when my dr put me on it.
  • Kyliejo0371
    Options
    I will get one. With wanting to lose weight should I still be eating back the remaining calories?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    I will get one. With wanting to lose weight should I still be eating back the remaining calories?

Yes. MFP already gives you a deficit. Eat back only a portion of your exercise calories so that over-estimations don't ruin your deficit. Give it about 4-6 weeks of accurate tracking to assess how it's working.
  • Kyliejo0371
    Options
    Thanks! I’ve been pretty frustrated and ready to give up, I’ve never had trouble losing and since I quit smoking and put on the weight I’m having trouble losing it. I will start fresh with the 1,200 again
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    Thanks! I’ve been pretty frustrated and ready to give up, I’ve never had trouble losing and since I quit smoking and put on the weight I’m having trouble losing it. I will start fresh with the 1,200 again

Why 1200cal? What does MFP give you?
  • Kyliejo0371
    Options
    MFP say 2,010 when I changed it to .5 lbs a week. Dr says 1,200....I did a calculation online and it says 1,600- 1,800 for weight loss ; 1,320 for extreme weight loss
  • jakea1963
    jakea1963 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Should ask the CICO people. If you are measuring and logging correctly then you should be losing weight. Don’t mean to be funny or anything. But something does not add up.
  • Kyliejo0371
    Options
    That’s what I don’t understand. I have been told I’m not eating enough calories and it’s stalling out my weight loss