Anyone else tall and wanting to add weight? :D

Options
Hi people! I'm 76 kg and 195 cm, so I'm looking to add a LOT of weight as fast as possible. I'm looking for people that are in a similar position or used to be, so we can maybe share our diets and/or share our fitness program. Ideally, we can improve eachothers gaining plan! I myself am hitting the gym every day and looking for 4000+ calories each day. Hopefully I hear from somebody :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    adpschoon wrote: »
    Hi people! I'm 76 kg and 195 cm, so I'm looking to add a LOT of weight as fast as possible. I'm looking for people that are in a similar position or used to be, so we can maybe share our diets and/or share our fitness program. Ideally, we can improve eachothers gaining plan! I myself am hitting the gym every day and looking for 4000+ calories each day. Hopefully I hear from somebody :)

why are you trying to gain as fast as possible?

what lifting program are yo ufollowing?
  • adpschoon
    adpschoon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain, because I think my weight is too low considering my height. I'm focusing on heavy compounds right now (deadlifts, squads, dumbell chest presses). Is that what you meant by lifting program?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you gain weight as "fast as possible" that means a large proportion of your weight gain will be fat.

Is that what you really want?

You have a certain rate of possible muscle growth, eating a vast surplus doesn't change that, you can't force feed muscle growth.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain, because I think my weight is too low considering my height. I'm focusing on heavy compounds right now (deadlifts, squads, dumbell chest presses). Is that what you meant by lifting program?

but why 'as fast as possible'? it'll just be fat if you do that?

going to the gym every day is also likely to be counter productive, the rest is where the magic happens. follow a program with progressive overload 3-4 x a week

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • adpschoon
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    If you gain weight as "fast as possible" that means a large proportion of your weight gain will be fat.

You have a certain rate of possible muscle growth, eating a vast surplus doesn't change that, you can't force feed muscle growth.

I mean, my body burns around 3800 calories each day, so I'm only gaining a set amount of calories each day. It has been measured by my fitness that I have a metabolistic age of a 12 y/o, so my body burns like crazy.
  • adpschoon
    Options

but why 'as fast as possible'? it'll just be fat if you do that?

going to the gym every day is also likely to be counter productive, the rest is where the magic happens. follow a program with progressive overload 3-4 x a week

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

I don't really see why going to the gym every day is bad. I'm alternating muscle groups each day, so every muscle group gets enough rest. And whenever I feel my body needs rest I skip a day. This is usually after 6 days or a week.
    I want to gain as fast as possible because I don't see any reason to do it slowly. Knowing myself, doing it slowly will result in not making enough progress and then quitting. I need to go all the way or not go at all.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

I mean, my body burns around 3800 calories each day, so I'm only gaining a set amount of calories each day. It has been measured by my fitness that I have a metabolistic age of a 12 y/o, so my body burns like crazy.

Ah - that's rather different to what you stated, a modest surplus rather than a huge surplus. Far more sensible. :smiley:

Suggest you make a start and then adjust cals as required based on your actual weight gain over an extended period of time. Best of luck.

There's a Gaining Weight & Bodybuilding forum by the way - where you may find kindred souls with similar goals.
  • adpschoon
    Options

Ah - that's rather different to what you stated, a modest surplus rather than a huge surplus. Far more sensible. :smiley:

Suggest you make a start and then adjust cals as required based on your actual weight gain over an extended period of time. Best of luck.

There's a Gaining Weight & Bodybuilding forum by the way - where you may find kindred souls with similar goals.

Yeah I should have mentioned in the first post that my body burns that much haha. Thank you for showing me that forum, gonna check that out! Good luck on your fitness endeavours as well :D