Replies

• forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options

who am i gonna believe recent studies on pubmed.gov or precisionnutrition.com? lol

there are some words that are bolded if you click those words it take you to pubmed which is one of the most reliable sources out there

If you took the time to check the link I shared you will have noted that at the bottom of the article there are 34 references to all the published studies that were used in summation of the article.

In addition, Dr John Berardi, original source on the above article has the following credentials:
    - Undergraduate Degree from Lock Haven University (Health Science, Philosophy, and Psychology)
    - Masters Degree from Eastern Michigan University (Exercise Physiology),
    - PH.D from the University of Western Ontario (Kinesiology; specialization in exercise and nutrient biochemistry).
    - Assistant adjunct professor at the University of Texas at Austin teaching classroom courses in Strength Training, Exercise Science, Laboratory Techniques in Exercise Science, Nutrient Metabolism, Fitness and Wellness, and Exercise Nutrition.
    - In the field, has published 8 scientific abstract, 15 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and have presented at nearly 50 scientific, exercise, and nutrition related conferences.

As well, he works personally with the US and Canadian Olympic Ski teams, Luge Teams, X-Country teams and several NHL and NFL teams and athletes. He was personally referenced to me by my own coach, Maria Mountain of Revolution Conditioning, who herself works with both Olympic Athletes and Professional Hockey Players including several Gold Medal and Stanley Cup winning athletes.

So, I would think he knows his stuff....but still continually strives to learn more....as all the best coaches and teachers out there do.

Thirst for knowledge and you can never fail.

Cheers!
  • Wilfred808
    Wilfred808 Posts: 113
    Options
    i shouldve looked at your article youre right in that sense. did you look at what i posted?
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    Despite where this post has gone, with the whole one meal vs. five meals argument, I really like the post. As a social worker, I use the whole rating your confidence in your ability to make change tool with clients who are contemplating change, so I'm not sure why I've never used it myself. I can definitely get into the all or nothing thinking on healthy living and tend to get overwhelmed with all that I think I should be doing. I've recently started reading about and trying to follow a clean eating diet but have already been a little overwhelmed by some of the information I read in terms of macronutrients. The one thing from your list that I have started to do and am pretty confident I can commit to over the next two weeks is adding lean protein to each meal (all five of them). So, there you go. Thanks for the post.