Late night eating

Options
My husband likes to eat dinner before 6 every evening. I end up eating sometimes a full meal again before I go to bed. This is what always put me over my cal. Goal. I’m in for this challenge. Wish me luck, here I go.

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Have you thought about saving some of your calories for dinner?
  • Inezfaith
    Inezfaith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do but i still eat more than planned this has gotten me 10lbs. And a really bad habit
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You're eating two dinners?

Maybe skip breakfast to move your calories to later in the day and accommodate the extra dinner?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Inezfaith wrote: »
    My husband likes to eat dinner before 6 every evening. I end up eating sometimes a full meal again before I go to bed. This is what always put me over my cal. Goal. I’m in for this challenge. Wish me luck, here I go.

do you have to eat together?
  • Inezfaith
    Inezfaith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No but it’s very nice to eat together. Friday night (Shabbat) is very special so we definitely try to eat together then
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Inezfaith wrote: »
    No but it’s very nice to eat together. Friday night (Shabbat) is very special so we definitely try to eat together then

It sounds like you know that all you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

So, how do you create that calorie deficit and still have those two meals? Eat less at those meals? Skip breakfast? It's highly personal and you may have to experiment a bit.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I eat dinner at 11 pm sometimes.When my husband comes home.
    I eat a late BF, a small lunch, a small snack/s. Then I might go to gym late and we eat dinner together at 11 pm.
    So, in your case, eat your dinner early, and a snack later before bed.
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eating dinner before 6pm sounds like a healthy habit. Save some calories throughout the day for a healthy snack around 8pm