I Played Soccer With My Kids! (and didn't die)

sbrooks0387
sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
We are an active family to start with. We take walks. Go on hikes. Swim. Camp. ETC. I thought I was in okay shape but was always winded. Well last night I played soccer with my 9 and 8 y/o, and OMG! We played for an hour and while I don't have that great of endurance it was SOOOOOO much easier running the 124 pound me across the yard compared to the 185 pound before me.

Seriously it was probably 20 minuets before I was even like "wait, I have been running on and off this whole time?!?!?!", I could barely feel it! I have always played soccer with the kids, but it was just so amazing to play with them and not quite after 20 minuets because I was exhausted and out of breath.

It took me a year and a month to lose the weight and my only regret is I didn't commit to this sooner.

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Wonderful to read and thanks for sharing. I have four little grandsons and am looking forward to the day when they're bigger and we're all able to have a big rough and rumble wrestling session, or a long run, and listening to them say "Grandpa, take it easy, we can't keep up with you."
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I think that is certainly a piece of my own improvement. My fitness level has improved a lot, and obviously doing a lot more exercise has been a big part of that. But certainly doing it with almost 30 less pounds to move around on my body has been helpful to it too. Especially for body weight exercises like pushups/sit ups.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    That's a fantastic NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!