How long do you workout for?

Options
How long do you workout for? And what kind of workout to hopefully reach your goals? I usually go walking with my daughter ateast 30 to an hour, and some times I do pilates. I am a STAM soo I really don't have a lot of options at this point. I am just looking for other workout tips to try.

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    About an hour. I try to do Turbo Fire DVDs in the morning before the kids get up. If i don't, I might do 30min on the elliptical while the kids watch a show before bed.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    45 minutes to an hour--depending on the exercise!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    At home -

I lift weights though out the day (5lbs) while sitting in my chair watching a show...I will also do leg lifts. When I get up to pee I do 10 deep squats each time (did 100 yesterday). I will also hop up and do 50 or so jumping jacks, 50 or so butt kicks, 15 wall push-ups. I sometimes count it as exercising...others I don't. I need to be more consistent with it.

At the gym -

25-35 mins on the Elliptical. Incline - 10. Resistance - between 45 - 100, random hills.
    30-45 mins of weight lifting.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    35-45 minutes in the morning and then anywhere between 60-120 minutes in the evenings....120 minutes if it is a long run or I am out golfing nine holes. I take Friday's off as my "rest and vodka" day ~ lol...
  • prettyinpudge
    prettyinpudge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i do 45 mins of yoga and strength training 6 days a week and walk my dogs 30 mins + every day (or they go nuts) and then 3 x a week 60 mins on the treadmill, some running and lots of uphill walking (i want a yoga booty haha)

i also have no kids and no husband so it's pretty easy to find time :)
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It varies. Sunday is a rest day,
    Monday usually 45 minutes,
    Tuesday usually 90 minutes, (45 of this is circuit training style weight training)
    Weds we walk/jog a 5.2 mile trail pushing a double stroller so it's getting shorter each time but usually just under 2 hours,
    Thursday, 45-90 minutes (depends on if I have stuff to do while I only have 1 kiddo at home!)
    Friday 90 minutes (45 of this is circuit training style weight training)
    Saturday is the same as Weds so 2 hours ish
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    usually about an hour, 3-5 days a week.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X so its close to 60-90 minutes every workout
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I usually workout for 25-30 minutes/day 4-5 days per week. But if the weather is nice I also bike to and from work (7.5k total)
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dance team practice 2 hours 3x a week.
    Days I don't have practice I try to do 25 minutes of strength, and 30-40 minutes of other cardio.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    At least an hour a day. It was mostly walking anc cycling to start with, then I introduced more onerous things as I got stronger. You could try jogging up and down stairs until your legs won't take any more, and of course crunches.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I do 90-120 minutes a day at the gym, and I do my JM 30 DS at home in the evenings. JM 7 days a week. Gym 6 days.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Trying to do 30-45 minutes of calisthenics at home daily or every other day.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    On average about 35 minutes, 6 times a week. Some days are really short, like 25-30 minutes. But on days that I have a lot of time, I might work out for 70-80 minutes.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day and the workout. On my running days it is at least 30 minutes and an hour or more for my longer runs. When I do weights, at least a couple of days a week, I try to go at least 30-45 minutes, with a cardio warm up when I'm in the gym, if a video at home it will be about the same amount of time.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I routinely do 45 min to an hour of aerobic activity. This summer I have done mostly running, biking, and spinning class at my gym. In the winter, I will do more in the gym. My favorite machine is the Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer (AMT). I also do Spinerval DVDs when I don't feel like leaving the house. My favorite is Spinervals Uphill Grind. I can usually burn over 800 calories in 45 minutes with that workout.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 1-3 hours. Always at least an hour doing P90X, but then I also try to run, walk the trail with weights, or do some weighted hooping to kick up an extra burn for the day.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout...

Lifting at home: generally about 30 minutes
    Spinning at home: 30-60 minutes
    Swimming: 20-45 minutes
    Biking: 1-4 hours
    Running: 20-60 minutes
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Three days a week I do structured exercise at the gym for at least an hour, sometimes for 75-90 minutes. I take Saturday and Sunday off. I walk at least 2 miles 5 days a week, which takes about a half hour. Typical week would look like this:

Monday: walk (30 min), gym (90 min)
    Tuesday: walk (30-45 min)
    Wednesday: walk (30 min) gym (60 min)
    Thursday: walk (30 min) gym (60 min)
    Friday: walk (30-45 min)
    Saturday and Sunday off.

I walk on campus at college or around my neighborhood.
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    4 days a week of weights, usually 20-40 minutes

2-3 days a week of cardio (yuck!), usually about 30 minutes.

Days that I do both, I get about an hour in.

I will probably start P90X again this fall, so that'll be 6 days of 45-90 minutes.