Fatty foods

Options
I need to find healthy foods to eat that have low to no fat but are still delicious, is there any suggestions?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Why do you need low fat foods? Fat is a necessary component of a healthy diet and dietary fat does not automatically turn into body fat.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables are typically low in fat (just watch out for stuff like avocado or coconut if you're trying to limit fat). Beans are another lower fat food.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I also question why you feel you need to have "low fat" food. Certainly too much fat can lead to a high calorie intake, since fat has 9 calories per gram. But fat is an essential part of the diet and particularly mono and poly unsaturated fats can be very healthy for you.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats are good in our diets for fat is a carrier for the other nutrients in our diets to be absorbed.
    Look up your healthy omega fats in foods.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I need to find healthy foods to eat that have low to no fat but are still delicious, is there any suggestions?

Is there a medical reason you need to Eat low/no fat?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Most veggies & fruits, beans, whole grains, low or no fat dairy, some white fish, tofu.

Hopefully you're asking because you already have enough fat in your diet and are looking for foods that won't add much more fat. You do need a reasonable amount of fat in your diet, the general recommendation I see is 0.3g of fat per lb of your goal body weight.
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like chips from Sami's Bakery. They have millet and flax chips. Chia chips. 100 calories for an 1 oz serving. 2 grams of fat also includes 12 grams of filling fiber and 2 grams of protein.

I love crunchy things so I loves these as a nice crunchy snack that has lots of fiber to fill me up. 1 serving and a glass of water means a very filling snack. They come in plain, garlic, cinnamon, and such.

Most other foods I eat are just veggies, fruit and meat. Most of the fruit and veggies don't have much fat at all. So as others said avacado has fat but it's a healthy fat.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Most veggies & fruits, beans, whole grains, low or no fat dairy, some white fish, tofu.

These, and I'll add shellfish, potatoes and sweet potatoes. Many cuts of meat can be quite low fat too, like skinless, boneless chicken breast (I like it best in some kind of stew or shredded), turkey breast, pork loin or chops -- depends on how little fat you need and the reason for the limitation.

You could make a pasta or stir fry with a variety of veg and some shrimp and it would be very low fat if you don't add much fat, but still very tasty.