Strava Summit

Options
I'm curious if those of you with the paid account use the added features and like them. For instance, does the beacon/tracking feature work well? Are the training plans included well thought out and useful?
I'm just looking for some feedback before I jump in and spend $$ on another subscription service - they add up over time.

Replies

• sarajaneM1973
    sarajaneM1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, can't comment on many of the features, but I cancelled my subscription as I really only only wanted the beacon feature as a safety back-up when fell running - but if you run in an area with poor mobile phone coverage (as a lot of the Yorkshire dales) then the beacon stops working, so I didn't find it useful. I hope others will be able to give more advice/feedback. 😊
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about this as well. So far free is working for me but not sure what I'm missing.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was curious about the beacon. The one person I know that uses it says it doesn't always work well.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The thing about paying for Beacon is if you are using a Garmin watch you already have a tracker and it is free.

I paid for year (before it became known as Summit) and I have no idea what I gained from it. I found it to be pretty useless.