Cut or bulk?

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member

I am 27 years old male, weight is 88 kg ish ( not measured myself this week). Height is 6ft.

I have been cutting for a while now. I weighed at 100 kg when I ended my bulk and did a slow cut and now weigh 88 kg.

I can post pictures to show my physique. I have not trained since Saturday due to moving house and had to do work at my house.

20190328_163459_zpsqowfrzg3.jpg

20190328_163553_zps4t8ktnfn.jpg

20190328_163540_zps3dbe1xwo.jpg

20190328_163508_zpsczm4wfsn.jpg

Replies

• thelastadam7
    thelastadam7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cut until 10 percent body fat. If you’ve been dieting a while implement a diet break eating around maintenance for a few weeks. When you reach your goal then stArt lean bulking
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    If you can tell us your goals (ie do you want to get bigger / more defined / slimmer / stronger), you’ll get mire feedback. There are some great lifters and bodybuilders here who can give advice 👍
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    What is your overall goal?

ETA: You look great, BTW.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    If you can tell us your goals (ie do you want to get bigger / more defined / slimmer / stronger), you’ll get mire feedback. There are some great lifters and bodybuilders here who can give advice 👍

My goal is to put on muscle mass and be ripped but to do both is not possible
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    What is your overall goal?

ETA: You look great, BTW.

Goal is to put on muscle mass
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You have muscle mass. Your back is jacked. I would cut
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Okay I’m not an expert, but you can build muscle and get ripped at the same time - my back has anyway. It will take time though. You need the expert advice of some of the more experienced guys here like @dodgerbaseball1988 and @quicksylver296
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would probably lean out (cut) a bit more while following a structured lifting routine. After about 5-10 lbs, i would transition to a recomp where you can increase lifting volume and work on adding muscle while becoming a bit more lean.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Okay I’m not an expert, but you can build muscle and get ripped at the same time - my back has anyway. It will take time though. You need the expert advice of some of the more experienced guys here like @dodgerbaseball1988 and @quiksylver296

The generic of guys, I hope! :laugh:

@AsrarHussain - this is such a personal preference thing. @psulemon's advice is solid. But you can also bulk til you can't stand it anymore, then cut, then bulk again, ad nauseum.

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Another vote for cut; shape/symmetry seems on point with what you want goal wise, just need to bring out some definition/striations/lines