September Challenge Captain Lukybug (Closed Group)

Options
Hi everyone! This will be our forum for the September Challenge. Everyone please, post at least a bump. I'm friends with most of you as of now, and hope to be friends with the rest of you soon. I encourage you all to friend each other for added support for your MFP journey, and through this challenge.

So here is everyone that is on our team. Like I said, I do suggest you friend each other for encouragement and support. I believe encouragement and support is vital to everyone's continued success not only for our challenge, but for our continuous journey on MFP. So here it is:

charlie175
cpearcy
lilallen05
lukybug
mandell25
missmom3
rosy_rsls
sweetness623
tbhoover
topaz2986

I would also encourage you to all to purchase a set of dumbbells. 3lb or 5lb to start out with will work. This will really help you build, tone and define muscle. They can be purchased for under $10 from Wal-mart. If you are unable, cans of soup, vegetable juice and water bottles can be used as substitutes.

At the end of this week I will begin posting information about September's Daily and Weekly challenges. We will have two separate workout programs. Some of the exercises will crossover. However, many will not. We will have the nomad series which will be more of a repeat of what we've done in August. We will also have the BUSHMEN series. This will be an advanced workout series designed to push those ready for a new challenge.

We will be utilizing (HIIT) High Impact Interval Training along with TABATA Training. A tabata timer will be provide for free in the future via mp3 file. This will be a free download and can help us stay on the tabata cycle. Tabata training is a 20 second intense workout with a 10 second break over 4 exercises and then you repeat for a total of 4 minutes. It is designed to increase aerobic and anaerobic conditioning. You can google and read more about Tabata training.

Another Bushmen series exercise program we will utilize is Wildman Training. This uses primarily bodyweight exercises to help tone, burn and shape our new bodies.

The weekly team challenges will now be referred to as tribal challenges :)

Five of you are from my August team and I'm very pleased that you've decided to go another month with me as your captain!!! You guys ROCK! If for ANY reason any of the teammates are having doubts about this challenge, and don't think you'll be able to commit to a full month of it, please let me know now. I learned the hard way this past month regarding teammates. We lost over half of our team in the month of August. Really? I just have to say this and then I'm done preaching...this is a challenge and this is another way/means of helping you achieve your weigh loss and/or get into shape and stay accountable. I can't make you eat health and workout. I can only push you along where you need that extra umph and we all do at times. We are a team and will rely on each other as such. I will try not to be the workout police, but I promise you, I WILL push you.

With that said, I'm don't with my "speech". Lastly, we need a killer team name. The theme for September is something Tribal. I have no imagination so it's pretty much up to you guys LOL

Tammy

Replies

• tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am super excited about the new challenge. The August challenge has been life changing for me. I have taken the accountability very seriously and I have been pushed past where I thought I would be in just a month. Cant wait to get pushed even further. I can tell a real difference in my endurance and strength. I have found myself pushing further than what the minimum requirements are.

I have 3lb weights but its clear to me I need to up it to 5lbs. Im also going to try to invest in a HRM before the next challenge. I cant calculate what I am burning doing the challenges and I NEED to see that on my diary so I can know how much more to eat.

Name Suggestion: Kamikazee Krunchers - Cuz these Abs...Man...they are hurting lol
  • tbhoover
    Options
    If for ANY reason any of the teammates are having doubts about this challenge, and don't think you'll be able to commit to a full month of it, please let me know now. I learned the hard way this past month regarding teammates. We lost over half of our team in the month of August. Really?

I agree. Its been hard trying to carry the extra weight
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options

I have 3lb weights but its clear to me I need to up it to 5lbs. Im also going to try to invest in a HRM before the next challenge. I cant calculate what I am burning doing the challenges and I NEED to see that on my diary so I can know how much more to eat.

I'm super glad to see that this challenge has benefited you :)

As for the HRM, I would definitely suggest getting one. I purchased mine off of Amazon for about $60. It's a Polar FT4 and comes with the chest strap. Whatever one you do end up getting, make sure it has the chest strap.

I like the team name too!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ready for round 2!! Re-signed up for booty camp too.. And I also like the name suggestion!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Or something with Spartans. . hard core warriors!
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! I'm super excited to be a part of this group so thanks so much for including me!!! I'm ready for a challenge so bring it on!!! :wink:
    -Missy
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    CAN NOT WAIT!!! I am so super excited! Let's do this!!!

corinne
  • _Corinne_
    Options
    I am super excited about the new challenge. The August challenge has been life changing for me. I have taken the accountability very seriously and I have been pushed past where I thought I would be in just a month. Cant wait to get pushed even further. I can tell a real difference in my endurance and strength. I have found myself pushing further than what the minimum requirements are.

Name Suggestion: Kamikazee Krunchers - Cuz these Abs...Man...they are hurting lol

I'm super excited for the September Challenge. I haven't lost that much in August but I've definitely learned a lot about myself, I've established goals and have learned a lot about accountability. The August Challenge also got me off my rear-end! It's been an real eye opener and I am more than ready to kick some butt in September. Now that I know what I'm capable of there is no stopping me! The support of our active RHA teammates has helped me so much so I hope our September team is 100% committed. It helps to know that there's a bunch of people rooting for you and it's great to share in everyone's successes.

BTW - Love the name Kamikazee Krunchers - we sure do A LOT of abs! I also like Luckybug's Legion - afterall, she is our leader! =)
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! I am soo stoked to be a part of this group for September! I lost a couple lbs here and there in the month of August but they where no where near what i had hoped. Hoping this will be the little push i need to get on it!! Nice to meet yall =]
  • lukybug
    Options
    What do ya'll think of Warpath Warriors?

Anyone know who to translate this into some type of American Indian language or another tribal language?
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am beyond ready for this challenge to start. I need to push myself more than just 4-5 days of running each week. I am hoping to see some great results!
  • _Corinne_
    Options
    Great blog excerpt - check it out!

Beware MFP! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/scapez/view/beware-of-mfp-140542
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Whatever names ends up being ours....can any of you put together some kinda cool graphic??? Im artistically challenged but seems like the other teams have them
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Can't believe September is almost here!
  • lukybug
    Options
    Whatever names ends up being ours....can any of you put together some kinda cool graphic??? Im artistically challenged but seems like the other teams have them

I'm trying to find someone with Photoshop to do it.
  • lilallen05
    Options
    Cant wait!! September is gonna be great!!
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i'm so psyched about this....I need the intensity to stay focused!!
  • _Corinne_
    Options
    i'm so psyched about this....I need the intensity to stay focused!!

so happy i'll have you to keep me on track at work! =)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    SRY i've been MIA i have been checking in for challenges and stuff not really posting though, now that the initial rush of school is over I'll have more time to be on and give so supporting woohoos!!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Whatever name you wanna use Lukybug is great with me. I like them all. I know its time to pick one for sure...so Im behind you whatever you pick :o)