Peeing like every hour!

Options
Just started drinknig 8 glasses of water a day (4 water bottles) and omg i have to pee like every hour! Will this go away? lol

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Fun, isn't it?! haha Yes, after a week or so your body will adjust and you won't go as often, but you will probably still go more often than you did before consuming all the water. Its worth it though and great for your body!
  • lanettecream
    Options
    This was my first week. I also cried. TEARS. Other unusual stuff. I think this might be part of the first week, but already I can now sleep through the night on day 10 and I'm getting in my water. Expect this to be ongoing the first week, but not forever.

You are going to start feeling thirstier and peeing less next week!
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Omg I was the same way. So frickin' annoying. But yes. It goes away. Keep chugging. ; )
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Make all those bathroom trips really count....I'm doing 10 deep squats every time I have to go (after I go of course)...I did 100 yesterday and let me tell ya.... I can definitely feel it.
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's a relief because at work this can be quite distracting, although I am getting exercise each time I walk to the bathroom haha.
    Congrats on your weight loss btw, that's awesome :)
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!! I didn't just start but I do do that LOL
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I always drink at least 10 cups a day, and it varies. Sometimes my body is like, "Thanks, I really needed this today," and I don't pee that often, but sometimes it just runs right through me like, "Hey, I'm good - ease up!"
  • AmDurling
    Options
    The squats are a really good idea. I am completely going to start doing that! LOL
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I go just about every hour too. At least it gets me up from my desk! I make sure to stop drinking 1hr before I work out, so i dont have to go during my workout. and I try to get all my water in by a decent time at night so im not waking up during the night to pee. Its gone away a little bit for me, but im still going often :-)
  • lauram_23
    Options
    All this talk about peeing made me have to go..and i did squats after, good idea!!! I don't go every hour, it just feels like that lol
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for 150 days and have been drinking 8 glasses. I STILL pee all the time but I actually like it, knowing it is flushing all the fat and sodium out of my system. I've lost 29 pounds.
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you mean literally every hour, or is this a simile?

Maybe a hyperbole? ; )
  • lauram_23
    Options
    Do you mean literally every hour, or is this a simile?

Maybe a hyperbole? ; )

Maybe- but she did use the operative 'like' and it clearly wasn't meant in the affectionate way. If she said "peeing all the time,' then that would strike me as hyperbole. One can't actually being ALL the time...

-_- I never understood why people feel the need to correct/comment on the grammar/wording of people over the internet instead of simply giving them the advice they seek or answering whatever question they have. For the most part, I believe that people do not write/type on forums/internet the way they would an essay or an important document...BUT since you asked NEITHER, please forgive my poorly used word choice.
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I pee a lot.. Your body evens itself out though if you consistently drink that much water. (o:
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Make all those bathroom trips really count....I'm doing 10 deep squats every time I have to go (after I go of course)...I did 100 yesterday and let me tell ya.... I can definitely feel it.

That is a fantastic idea...will try that as well!!! Thanks
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

That is a fantastic idea...will try that as well!!! Thanks

I do this as well! I love it! It has made a huge difference in my butt....one day I do squats and lunges the next day I do wall and counter push-ups :)
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    Options
    +1 on feeling good about peeing a lot.

Apart from weight loss or appearance issues, and ignoring the fact that your cells produce lots of waste that does need to be washed out somehow, there's one reason that all by itself makes it totally worthwhile to drink plenty of water : kidney stones.

I was "lucky" in that my stone was big enough to stay lodged in my kidney and just poke holes in stuff. The blood-colored urine was a complete surprise. I had my stone ultrasonically pulverized, so the only really painful part was the bill. But ask anyone who has had a stone get stuck anywhere downstream and I'm sure you'll hear some "motivational" tales.

Since then (2-ish years ago) I've been a big-time water-drinker. I can't say that water-drinking is a sure form of prevention, but it certainly helps.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the person that came up with the water ideal, is the same person that invented toilet paper LOL :):):)
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    -_- I never understood why people feel the need to correct/comment on the grammar/wording of people over the internet instead of simply giving them the advice they seek or answering whatever question they have. For the most part, I believe that people do not write/type on forums/internet the way they would an essay or an important document...BUT since you asked NEITHER, please forgive my poorly used word choice.

They're just having fun. Lighten up!
  • lauram_23
    Options
    I think the person that came up with the water ideal, is the same person that invented toilet paper LOL :):):)

HAHA I agree!