Importance of carbs

Options
Does it really matter the amount of carbs if you are focusing on a calorie deficit? If I stick to a deficit but my carbs are near 200g will it affect loss?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lauramj21 wrote: »
    Does it really matter the amount of carbs if you are focusing on a calorie deficit? If I stick to a deficit but my carbs are near 200g will it affect loss?

No, that's fine
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    lauramj21 wrote: »

You can insert any macronutrient into this question and the answer will still be the same. No, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is being in a deficit for loss.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Carbs are great.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I lose weight on over 200g of carbs a day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Carbs are great.

Correct!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Some people find high carbs increase appetite or cravings. If you don't, there's no reason not to eat them.

As long as you don't eat extra carbs above your weight-loss calorie goal, you'll lose weight.

For nutrition and health, it's important to get enough protein and fats (and micronutrients and fiber). As long as carbs and your calorie goal don't prevent you getting enough protein or fats, and the carbs include plenty of fruits/veggies, that'll be fine, too.