Just saying hello :p

Options
I'm Sparky. I came here as part of a program run by my hospital so I could get over some of my poor eating habits and lose some weight. I'm pretty overweight, so I know its not going to happen overnight. I was active when I was younger, walked everywhere, didn't stress eat, and had a really active job. Its only over the last 8 years that I really picked up weight, and when I got a job in digital art my lifestyle became the computer and a chair. I'm totally ready for it, after my youngest started school I finally have time for myself. Went to my doctor, finally got on a program for Meal replacement. Figured that would be the best for me to do, since our house has to have high salt high fat foods. My teenager has cystic fibrosis so his diet takes precedence over most of the shopping list. Weirdly, I'm finding it ok staying away from the salt. Jeebus, I didn't realize all the salt I was taking in because until recently I never really paid attention to the nutrition info on the food, my son has his own dietitian and nutritionist. All in all, I'm here to say hi, lend support, and possibly pick up some friends along the way. :p Hi2u

Replies

• murphey021
    murphey021 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just sent you a friend request. I am also trying to get myself back in shape and lose the weight, not only for myself, but my daughters and wife. Good luck and I can always use the motivation and support to keep me on track also!