Increase calories due to work out?

Options
I am 6’2”, 202 pounds, I work out six days a week with strength training, four days in a row one day off, split routine. Supposed to have 3200 cal to gain weight. Should I increase that due to workout? How many calories Do you burn in a one hour intense workout?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you are doing strength training, somewhere between 200-300 calories probably.
  • JLgainz1
    JLgainz1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Are you not logging your exercise and eating back the calories?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Just log the total duration of your session under the cardiovascular section of the exercise diary (search for "strength training") to get a rough estimate based on METS.
  • JLgainz1
    JLgainz1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Because I don’t know how to do that. I went into the exercise diary and it wants me to add specific exercises. There are too many coming would take me hours to load all the exercises for each day. Is there a way to load one generic 60 minute strength training session?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    JLgainz1 wrote: »
    Because I don’t know how to do that. I went into the exercise diary and it wants me to add specific exercises. There are too many coming would take me hours to load all the exercises for each day. Is there a way to load one generic 60 minute strength training session?

Notice I said the cardiovascular part of the exercise diary. That's the part that has calorie functionality.
    The strength training part is just a journal for people who feel the need to make notes.